Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Cubs Win!

We finally succeeded in talking Jorja into diving.  A long time ago she went with Stockton for a couple of months up at the U.  I think she was in 2nd grade.  She did just a bit this summer, but this is her first real time diving.  There weren't many people at lessons today.  Just Jorja, Preston and one other person.  Perfect way for the Porge to start.  I think she enjoyed herself and liked it more than she thought she would.
Preston on one meter, Jorja on three
 Jorja and Preston both on three
Keyka teaching Jorja to dive off of three
We listened to the World Series on the way home.  Jorja needed me to take her to the library, so I was able to listen to it again.  I frantically searched for Fox when I got home.  I was in the piano room and went through every station.  We didn't have it.  I had to resort to watching the pitches come in on an app.  Not the best way to watch game seven of the World Series.  When my brothers realized what I was doing, Brett gave me his code to watch it on my phone.  The only problem was the app wouldn't download.  Probably too many people using it?  I wonder why.  Mike called me from California and wanted to know if I was watching the World Series.  I explained my predicament and he FaceTimed me and I was able to watch it from his TV.  At this point we are in extra innings.  I was able to watch the Cubs get two runs.  Then I was cut off.  I guess the hotel blocked the phone because of data.  Mike asked me why I couldn't get it on tv.  I told him.  He asked if I tried it on our bedroom tv.  Why would our bedroom tv have different stations?  I have no idea, but we had Fox in there!  I was able to see the last out of the World Series, but I could have watched the last few innings.  Weird.  Teresa, my friend in Georgia, is so excited!  She is from Chicago and has been a life long Cubs fan.  I texted her while I was at the pool.  I said, "I bet you are so happy right now!  I'm rooting for your team.  (Although that was after the Nationals/Blue Jays/Dodgers.)"  My favorite of the game was Rizzo.  He gets the last out at first and slips the ball into his pocket before he runs to celebrate.  That's thinking ahead!  That ball will be worth a fortune!

No comments: