Thursday, November 3, 2016

Boo to Cancer

I spent most of my day making gingerbread.  I took Jorja and Preston to diving today.  There were more people than yesterday.  I think Jorja had a great time again.  Preston loves having her there.  I was wearing my McMullin shirt today.  This lady told me she liked my shirt.  We then talked the rest of the time.  Her husband is in medical school down in Georgia.  She will be moving there after she finishes her cancer treatment.  She just turned 30 and has a fast moving breast cancer. She is so positive and filled with hope.  She kept talking about tender mercies.  For example her baby boy was a preemie.  Her water broke early, just like mine with Stockton.  Her boy was a few weeks earlier than Stockton.  I think at 32 weeks.  I can't remember.  Her doctors told her to wait a year and a half before she became pregnant.  She had wanted to get pregnant right away, but she was waiting for the year and a half to end.  In that time she was diagnosed with cancer.  She said it was such a tender mercy not to be pregnant when she was diagnosed because she would have died for sure.  She is having her last taxol tomorrow.  My heart aches for her.  I can't even remember her name, even though she told me a couple of times.  I kept asking.  My memory is shot.  Anyways, she thinks she will be able to make it to the diving competition next Friday.  Hopefully she will be healthy!  At least as healthy as possible.

When we came home, Stockton had Jorja's game set up like this.  He has been working on a few adjustments.  He's adorable.
I left to pick up Mike at the airport.  Hooray!  I asked the kids to put themselves to bed if we weren't back by 10:00.  They don't have school tomorrow which is a welcomed break.  The kids were downstairs when we arrived home.  Hopefully asleep, but that's doubtful.  It is nice to have Mike back for one day before he leaves again tomorrow.

No comments: