Monday, October 31, 2016

Wolf and Scritters

Happy Halloween!  I spent today finishing my review for one of Covenant's books.  It is due tomorrow, but I really wanted to send it in today.  I finished it at Stockton's diving.  I sit up in the bleachers.  I had all my notes spread around me while I worked on this.  Different divers and coaches kept coming up the stairs to the bleachers and going behind them.  I didn't know there was anything back there, but I do see the water polo guys bring the cages out from there.  I didn't think about it too much because I was so focused on finishing my review.  On the way home from diving Stockton told me that one of the divers was back there cutting herself.  Lizzy and Micky went looking for her and found her.  They got Tyce back there.  Towards the end of practice I did see her storming out super mad with a fresh bandage on her arm.  She has had this problem for awhile now.

One of the reasons I was super mad with how the counselor handled the situation when Jorja was reported that she was cutting herself. (Totally not true and the councilor did a horrible job handling this.  I don't think I went into detail when this happened because Jorja was so embarrassed.  She's not anymore.  I'm still mad.  They called Jorja out of class.  She walked into her counselor's office.  The counselor said, "You're not in trouble but show me your arms."  Jorja was so scared.  I wish the counselor would have just taken the time to talk to Jorja. While they were talking she could have glanced at her arms. The only scratches on there were from softball.  They did not look like cutting marks at all.  I know because I have been more aware of this sweet divers arms since this incident.  The counselor called me after.  I told her that I hated the way this was handled and I was more worried about the counselor causing emotional damage to Jorja that that Jorja was cutting herself.  If Jorja chose to 'self-harm' herself, this would not be the way.  She is terrified of needles and blood.  Ooooo, I'm still so mad.  At the end of the conversation the counselor told me that her daughter went to elementary school with Jorja and 'something school'. I can't remember what school she mentioned, but it was not Jorja's school.  I told the counselor that Jorja did not go there.  She didn't even know who she was talking too!  So annoyed!  I asked her how Jorja was reported.  They have a new app where they can text about friends they think are in trouble.  Someone texted that they were worried about Jorja.  Jorja said she fell off the bus a few days ago and they found out that was not true.  I told the counselor, "First, Jorja did fall off the bus, she is very clumsy.  Second, Jorja's softball team had been practicing sliding.  Third, Jorja loves bandages and puts them on the teeny tiniest scratch.  Forth, do you realize that an anonymous app can be used as a form of bullying?"  I don't know if the person was a bully or a friend that reported Jorja.  I think they made a big deal about this app in the pe classes.  Can you tell I'm still mad about this?  Didn't need to go off on it.  I'll go back and start a new paragraph.  This is the longest parentheses thing ever, it is going to drive Maysen crazy.)

Okay, new subject.  As Stockton and I pulled up to our house, we saw Jorja and her friends on the lawn.  Katlyn's mom was taking pictures. Jorja had a great time trick-or-treating with them.  I love my neighborhood.  It feels extremely safe.  I love that I didn't worry about Jorja at all while she was gone.  Wait, that is not true.  She didn't come back for a long time.  I tried texting her, but she only has an iPod.  It was getting late and I wanted her home.  Mike and I started to hear voices from our backyard.  Jorja was back there with her friends while they waited to be picked up by their parents.  That was a relief!

Stockton and Preston both dressed up as Scritters.  Scritters are from one of their favorite old computer games called Wonderland Adventures.  They made their hats last night.  Preston made the eyes while we were playing Dominion.  Stockton loves dressing up as obscure things no one will know about.  Preston loved dressing up like Stockton.  Stockton wore his hat to school.  No one knew what he was dressed as.  Stockton loved that.  Side note: Stockton spent a lot of time making Jorja a Wonderland game for her birthday.  It turned out great. Preston appreciates it more than Jorja does though.  Anyways, Stockton took Preston trick-or-treating.  Preston was so excited to go with him.  Jorja and her friends tried to get Preston to come with them but he kept insisting he was going with Stockton.  I'm glad Stockton was okay with this.  They came back super cold because neither one of them wore a coat.  Weirdos.  They had a great time though.
Skritter Stockton and Skritter Preston
Mike and I snuck down to Lisa and Nathan's for their chili and scones. I just had the chili.  We asked the boys to hand out candy while we were gone.  When they were ready to leave, turn out the lights and lock the door.  Worked out perfectly.

No comments: