Monday, October 3, 2016

Preston's Principal's Pride

Preston received a Principal's Pride award today.  Once a month teachers pick one student out of their class that exemplifies the theme for the month.  This month's theme was bully free.  I'm not sure how I feel about their principal yet.  This is her second year here.  The last principal was amazing.  This one seems a bit of an airhead.  The weirdest thing was she would say, "These are the bully-free kids for fourth grade!"  Or things like that, which seems to imply that all the other kids are bullys.  It was weird.  I'm glad Preston was noticed for being bully-free though, he is such a sweet boy.  I talked to him and said, "Now, you know you will not be picked for a Principal's Pride award for the rest of the year.  When the Principal says 'these are the respectful students' don't thing that means you are not respectful." Anyway, I thought it was a bit odd.
Preston in the orange jacket
We had a long diving day today.  Stockton now has to be at BYU at 3:00.  He gets out of school at 2:25.  I waited for him in the carpool lane and we headed straight to Provo.  Traffic is tons better at this time though.  We were shocked to see we got there at 3:10.  Stockton learned his reverse double, which was awesome.
Stockton Reverse Double
Mike brought Preston to diving at his regular time.  Stockton and I had left about twenty minutes before.  Preston was a bit late because I got a text from his piano teacher saying he had lessons today in stead of Tuesday.  She had talked to me earlier about needing to switch, but I thought she was going to call and let me know the final plan.  I left Preston a message and hoped he saw it.  He did, but didn't get home from piano right on time.  Jorja was planning on starting this week, but she has been going on Mondays to a pitching clinic with her friend. The pitchers need to bring their own catchers.  Anyway, today the friend never showed up.  I was annoyed.

Katlyn came over to work on a video project with Jorja.  They portrayed themselves as bullys in the video.  Maybe Preston needs to give them some lessons on how to behave.
When they finished Jorja wanted to play 'bigger or better'.  They started with a piece of gum and ended with a chest full of chocolate coins and candy, a bag of pirate booty and a flower arrangement of candy.  Quite the accomplishment.
Katlyn & Jorja
Apparently Jorja did most of the talking at the houses.  Katlyn told her she was good talking to people.  Jorja said, "Those are words I never thought I would hear."  Jorja has really come out of her shell lately.

No comments: