Friday, October 28, 2016

Pirate Preston

I was not expecting Preston's Halloween party to be today.  If I was, I would have not scheduled Jorja's orthodontist appointment.  This is the first year I haven't been at his Halloween parade.  He didn't seem to mind, at least he never said anything about it.  Preston woke up early today to scrounge through the costume box.  We have the most pirate costumes, surprise, surprise.  He does make a cute pirate though.
Preston
Jorja picked blue for her elastic band cover and now regrets it.  That's okay though because she was told she gets her braces off next time she comes!  She'll have them off before Christmas!  Stockton told her she was lucky she doesn't need them during high school.

I headed straight for Logan once I dropped Jorja off at school.  This time I remembered Maysen's nacho bowl.  We both keep forgetting. That is one of my favorite pieces Maysen has ever made.  I took Maysen grocery shopping and then we headed home.  Utah State also had a football game today.  The street was partly blocked when I arrived and it was mostly blocked by the time we left.  Too bad Maysen doesn't enjoy football games.  We did run into a linebacker on our way out.  He was very tall and promised me he wouldn't hurt himself tonight.

I told Maysen that we were going to try and see if we could do gingerbread houses with the Smith side of the family on December 18th.  That way finals will be over.  We have five college students and one medical student right now.  Maysen looked at me in shock and said, "Wait.  I'm coming home for Christmas?"  YES!  You are coming home for Christmas!  You've got to be kidding me!  I told her she was coming home for Thanksgiving too.  Maysen ended up talking me out of that one.  She will be staying by herself over Thanksgiving.  She'll probably have macaroni and cheese.  She is pretty excited about that. Maysen hates Thanksgiving.  Mike works long hours after Thanksgiving.  I guess if I need to give in on something, this would be the one.  I'm definitely not giving in on Christmas!

I convinced my family to watch a Doctor Who episode with me tonight. They love it, even if they don't admit it.  This one was a two part episode, so we are going to finish it tomorrow.  I gave Damian the Steve Young book today and then Maysen, Preston, Mike and I played Maysen's 3D version of Settlers of Catan.  Preston won the game. Preston was taking his turn when all of a sudden he looks down and said, "Wait!  I won!"  He was right.  He won when he put down the settlement that blocked me from being able to get the longest road back.  That happened about thirty minutes before we realized he won. We all thought Mike was going to win and kept counting his points. Sneaky Preston!

No comments: