Monday, October 10, 2016

Maysen's 19th Birthday

It's weird that I didn't see Maysen on her birthday today.  First one ever.  I don't like that.  I did talk to her though.  I asked her when would be the best time to call.  I didn't want to bother her and I know Mondays are a really busy day.  We made plans for me to call at noon.  I had my eye on the clock the entire day.  Then the countdown began. 11:11.  11:24.  11:45.  12:15.  Wait, what?  I was busy doing laundry I couldn't believe I missed calling her at exactly 12:00.  I dropped all of Stockton's clothes I had and grabbed my phone frantically trying to get to her.  While I was doing that I got a call from Maysen.  She had been waiting for me.  I felt so bad!  It was nice to talk to her for just a bit though.

I took Stockton to diving today.  Preston had a field trip with scouts.  I reminded him of scouts before I left, but I had no way of knowing if he remembered when he got home.  I guess it wasn't really a field trip. They just walked around the neighborhood asking for food for the food bank.  I had to stop and sign a permission slip for him though.  Weird. Not that the scout leaders are weird, just the new rules are.

I asked Jorja to sleep in her own room today.  She wasn't too happy about that.  Tuesday is late start, so she needs to get up earlier than the boys.  I thought this would be easier, plus she needs to start sleeping in her room by herself one day.  Preston was sad when he went to sleep. He wanted to play a game.  It was too late to do that, Preston didn't understand.

No comments: