Saturday, October 29, 2016

Holly's Halloween

Mike and I got up early to exercise.  We were there at 6:00 for our 6:15 class, only to find out that our class really starts at 7:15.  Good thing Mike loves me more than his sleep.  I bet we will never make that mistake again!  I took Maysen to her laser appointment.  I was also able to convince the rest of the family to watch the second episode of the Dr. Who we started watching yesterday.  I don't know if convince is the right word.  More like force, but they were good sports.

Mike and I left about 4:00 to take Maysen back to college.  We hung out in her room for awhile until it was time to go to Holly's party.  Holly was my roommate at Ricks my first year away.  I haven't seen her in over 20 years.  I don't think we've seen each other since we've been married.  Anyways, Holly knew I sometimes come to Logan because of Maysen.  She invited us to her annual Halloween party.  It was so great to see her!  We didn't stay too long.  Holly was the only person we knew, and I was the only one who really knew her.  I reminded Mike that we went on a double date with Holly.  Holly and I came down to Provo.  I went with Mike and Holly went with his roommate Terry. Anyways, Maysen loved the food.  It was all Halloween treats and according to Maysen it tasted really yummy.  Mike and I are trying to stay away from sugar, so we just had fruit and a few meatballs. Demetria can't eat gluten, so she stayed away from everything except the fruit.
Demetria & Maysen
 Mike, Stephanie, Maysen
Holly has an amazing view from her house.  So pretty!  Mike and I took Maysen and Demetria back home, then we headed back as well.  Mike was driving in the carpool lane going a little over the speed limit. Apparently that really annoyed the truck behind us who was tailgating Mike like crazy.  Finally the truck went around us.  Perfectly fine.  The truck then slowed down until he was going 40 miles an hour.  We know they were just doing that to make us mad.  Way to get back at us for not going fast enough.  Wackos.  When the break in the carpool lane came up Mike was about to get over when I told him not to.  I asked him to see how long the truck would play this game.  I was convinced that if we got over the truck would do the same.  That happened on the way home from Ricks when I was in college.  The car I was in let another car in front of us.  That car slowed down and followed us from the front. Every time we would change a lane, the car would as well.  They did this the entire way to Utah.  It got pretty scary and was quite dangerous.  I didn't want to start playing that game with the truck. When we didn't go around at the break in the carpool lane and Mike wasn't tailgating the truck gave up and sped away.  Weirdo.

No comments: