Sunday, August 21, 2016

One Bench Family

Day one of life without Maysen.  She did text me for awhile this morning, which was great!  The most exciting thing for my momma heart is she has decided to keep up the tradition of blogging everyday. She has started her own blog.  It is at www.quillguin.blogspot.com.  It is penguin, but instead of pen she uses quill.  Anyway, I love this idea and I hope she sticks with it!  It will sure make missing her not hurt so much.  It was weird being a one bench family at church.  For the last several years we have sat on the front left side of the chapel, but we sit in two different rows.  Usually three in front and three behind.  Now five of us fit perfectly.  I'm trying to be okay with that.  Makes it obvious that Maysen isn't with us though.

I taught my primary class today.  I taught them about Samuel the Lamanite.  I did not have a chance to prepare this week, so I worked on my lesson this morning.  It went well, although I didn't get to half of the things I wanted to do.  After the class Stella (my team-teacher) said, "Great lesson.  It was the wrong lesson, but great lesson."  I couldn't believe it!  I told her I taught the lesson she texted me. I looked up her text.  Nope.  I didn't.  Geesh, how do I do this so often.  Stella was super nice about it and said not to worry, she would teach the one I skipped and I could teach the next lesson, which is practically a continuation of what I did today.  It will work out, I was just a little embarrassed.

Preston's friend Maggie is moving.  Which means my friend Melissa is moving.  They are from Chicago.  They moved here when Preston was in Kindergarten and Maggie was in Preston's class.  They are moving to Pennsylvania.  It will be a lot closer to family, so that is exciting for them.  We are really going to miss them.  We had a neighborhood party for them.  They are not members of the LDS church, but everybody loves them!  Sometimes it is hard to meet people who of different faiths when we get so wrapped up in our callings.  Not the case with them. Everybody knows them and it seemed like everybody showed up to say goodbye.
Preston & Maggie
Jordyn stopped by while I was at the party.  It was perfect timing. Preston and I were able to spend an hour there before we needed to leave.  This is the picture Mike texted me to let me know Jordyn was here.
Jordyn & Jorja
I asked Jordyn if she could come and teach Jorja how to do nails.  Jorja loved it and they turned out so pretty.  Jordyn then asked if she could do my nails.  I hadn't even thought about it.  It was a lot of fun and I love them!  Crazy how old my hands look in this picture.  When did that happen?

No comments: