Thursday, August 18, 2016

Mom's 69th Birthday

My mom would have celebrated her 69th birthday today.  We celebrated by going to Lagoon.  Jorja got home from her WEB meetings around 3:00.  I took the kids to Iceburg, picked up Mike at work then headed to Lagoon.  My cousin, Rozie, came and said hi to me while the kids were on their first ride.  That was very cool.  We ran into the Couch's a couple of times.  Once Travis said hi to me as a group was running past.  I'm pretty sure it was Travis, it was so fast.  That was the only time I saw any of the Roes.
Maysen, Preston, Stockton
(I'm talking to Rozie right now)
 Jorja & Stockton
Stockton said Anne was a lot more fun to go on this ride with.  She would laugh at every turn.  Jorja did not.
We hit every ride Maysen wanted to go on.  I didn't expect the lines to be this long on a Thursday.  We finished the day with Air Race.  I decided to go on it with Maysen since it is her favorite ride.  The last time I rode it was a couple of years ago and I was sick for two hours afterwords.  I'm glad it was the last ride, because I didn't feel well after. It was not nearly as bad as it was last time.  Maybe because this time I was concentrating on not being sick.  Last time I was concentrating on Jorja freaking out!  Stockton didn't ride this ride.  Jorja gave him her purse to hold.  Stockton was wearing it.  He said, "This is the first phase of my transformation."  I wish I got a picture.  He looked ridiculous.

Our plan was to stop at Mike's work and pick up his jeep.  We missed the I-215 exit, so we decided I would take Mike to work in the morning. Mike was a little nervous about it.  He doesn't like being without his computer.  Because we missed the exit we were able to stop at Matt & Sam's.  Sam had made my mom's carrot cookies and texted me that we could stop by.  It was short, fun and delicious.  Jorja says that Anne is so cute when she is tired.  She was in bed, but came out and cuddled with the kids.  Matt and Sam are troupers.

No comments: