Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Maysen's Tree

Maysen is leaving for college in three days.  She wanted to plant a tree before she left.  She wants to be able to show her kids the tree that was planted for her before she starts the next phase of her life.  She wanted a climbing tree, I'm not sure if the one she picked will be a climbing tree, but it will have red leaves at some times.  I love that!  I just hope Mike and I don't accidentally kill it.  Neither of us have green thumbs.
Maysen & Mike
 Preston & Maysen
 Maysen and her tree
 Maysen's tree
Jorja spent all day at school in the WEB program.  The WEB leaders are going to help the new sixth graders get adjusted to school.  She has been pretty excited about this and had a fun day.  Her schedule was also released today.  They split the Chinese class this year, so that will be interesting.  She also has a new Chinese teacher.  I hope she loves her!  Jorja got the math teacher she didn't want and the English teacher she didn't want.  I asked her if she wanted me to try and change her classes.  She doesn't.  She is going to stick it out.  The fact that Katlyn has math and English with her might have something to do with it.

I tried to get tickets to the Cabin Temple open house today.  I was four minutes late because I wanted to watch the gold medal steeplechase race that was on.  I didn't think it would be a problem, but it was!  I couldn't get tickets for the Saturday session.  I did get them for 7:15 on Friday.  Maysen finishes her Friday class at 4:20.  That's not leaving us with a lot of time.  I did manage to get two tickets for Saturday.  I'll have to keep looking.

No comments: