Friday, August 19, 2016

Last Day of Real Life

I dropped Mike off at work today.  We stopped at the UPS store to mail back some things.  One is our dish network.  One less bill a month, which will be nice.  The other was Maysen's new crocs.  We ordered them from Amazon, but they were a bit small.  We ordered the size up a few days ago.  They came today, except they were the wrong size.  I looked up my order.  Yep.  They sent the wrong size. Frustrating!  The rest of the day was spent working on my primary lesson, watching Olympics, taking Jorja school shopping for binders, signing Stockton up for the ACT, having a scout swim party pack meeting, packing up Maysen and trying to stop my heart from breaking.

Today was the last day we could sign up for the ACT in September.  I decided I wanted him to have as many chances to take the ACT as he can.  October's test is over fall break.  Diving will also be starting, so I don't know if we will have any conflicts.  It will be good to have a test under his belt this early.  It took forever to sign up.  We skipped most of the questions.  Here is the picture we uploaded to his profile.
Stockton
The scout pack meeting was here at my house.  It was funny to see the boys who earned their wolf.  They were given their awards in the pool, then they came out dripping wet to pin their moms.  So cute!
Luke & Ashley
Lots of people had to leave early for football and other things.  All of the leaders left an hour early.  That was kind of weird.  I don't know if they realized that they planned the party and no one was able to be there.  I just sat out there by myself while the last of the scouts finished up swimming.

Stockton and Jorja went to the high school football game today. Stockton went with Mason, a boy who moved into our ward not quite a year ago.  He didn't come back until close to midnight.  Jorja went with Hailey and Katlyn.  I dropped them off and Mike picked Jorja and Hailey up.  He picked them up early and took them to 7-11 for bring your own cup slurpee day.  The promotion was over, but the guy was nice and charged them for a refill or something like that.
Jorja & Hailey
Maysen wanted to watch Looney Toons Back in Action before she left. We watched it while Stockton and Jorja were at the football game. Then we started packing and loading the car.  We had gathered all her things in one area, just needed to box them up.  Mike started playing Suzy Bogguss "Letting Go".  That made me cry and I left.  Mike said I left before the verse about me.  The first verse was sad enough!

I tucked Maysen in for the very last time.  I'm sure I will tuck her in when she is home, but this is the last time when she is 100% mine.  I don't have to share her with anybody (except our little family), I don't have to share her with any place.  I laid in bed trying to fall asleep thinking about how tomorrow everything changes.  I am not good with change.  Even if it is a good thing, like this is.  I feel like my heart is breaking.  I can't imagine not seeing Maysen every day.  It doesn't seem like that long ago when she was happy to talk to my feet.  I have loved, loved, loved this part of my life.  Having all of my children with me. Teaching them.  Playing with them.  Vacationing with them.  It has been amazing.  Now it is done.  I know I can't stay in this part of my life forever, but it hurts to leave it.  I hope I love this new phase of my life. It will be hard to top this one though.

No comments: