Monday, August 29, 2016

Goonies

I got a call from Maysen during the day which was a nice surprise.  She was wondering about the cabin temple open house.  It looks like her roommate and one other person is coming.  It was so great to talk with her!  I did laundry most of the day until it was time to get Jorja from school.  She had asked if I could pick up her and Katlyn.  I got there right on time and was waiting in the car pick up lane.  While I was waiting I was constantly refreshing Instagram.  I was waiting to see where the Washington DC BYU box drop would be.  Jorja texted me that she needed to see Mr. Cox, so she would be out a few minutes late. I waited . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . pretty soon I was at the front of the carpool lane.  I waited as cars kept going around me.  I was pretty embarrassed about that.  Finally she came out when I was the one and only car left.  She was thirty minutes late.  I guess there was a long line to see Mr. Cox.  She wanted help getting her violin tape on. She hasn't played the violin in a year since they wouldn't let her with her schedule last year.  I know it needed to be done, I just wish I would have realized how long it would have taken.  I would have waited the extra two minutes before I left so I could have switched over the laundry, I also would have parked!  We were out of milk and Jorja needed crickets, I had planned to pick some up on the way.  I dropped Jorja and Katlyn off at the pet store and hurried to Smith's.  I hate going to grocery stores that are not my regular ones because it takes forever to find anything!  By the time I got back to the pet store I noticed it was 4:09!  What!!!  I needed to be back by 4:00 to get Preston to scouts.  He missed it last week because I forgot about it! Ashley texted me the link and Mike helped Preston do the robot hand from last week.  Anyways, I did not want him to miss again!  I called Stockton and asked if he would walk him to scouts.  It is at a different house today and I knew Preston had no idea where to go.
Preston picking up a cup with his 'robot hand'
 Preston and his 'robot hand'
Anyway, Stockton saved the day for me a couple of times today.  I found Jorja and Katlyn and hurried home.  I handed Jorja my phone as we were leaving and asked her to keep refreshing Instagram and tell me when the Washington DC box drops.  It dropped as we were driving home.  I said, "Hurry and screen shot it and text it to Brett!"
I pulled over when as we were driving by Hailey's house so I could try and google where this was.  I had no idea.  I tried 'spiral bridge Washington DC', 'spiral walkway' . . . I didn't know.  It almost looked like they were heading into a prison!  I got a text from Brett saying he knew exactly where it was and they were a few minutes away.  Jorja and Katlyn were talking to Hailey while I kept refreshing Instagram to see if Brett made it.  I noticed the post now said, "We have a winner!"  I texted Brett that there was a winner and asked if it was him.  It wasn't. Brett got there three minutes later.  He said there were about 10 adults there and they all arrived within three minutes of each other.  Crazy!

We watched the Goonies tonight.  Stockton has wanted to see it for awhile.  Thank goodness for VidAngel.  There was a lot of silence in that movie, which means it was filled with cussing!  I hope VidAngel wins the lawsuit against them, because we sure love it.  Jorja and Katlyn were playing while we watched the movie until Katlyn's parents came and picked her up.  Jorja watched the end with us.  That is all . . . . 

No comments: