Sunday, August 14, 2016

Connor's Homecoming

I went to our sacrament meeting so I could hear Indy give his farewell talk.  Mike and the kids picked me up after and we went straight to listen to Connor give his homecoming talk.  Connor did great!  The difference between his farewell and homecoming talks were huge.  He has grown up a lot.  I wish I had a better memory so I could write about it, but I remember being impressed with him.  Listening to him give his testimony in whatever language he spoke was crazy!  He spoke so fast! Connor served in the Philippines, but I'm not positive what language he was speaking.  Matt was so proud of him.  Matt went to the Philippines to pick up Connor and was able to travel around and meet the people Connor served.  I heard Matt say, "You should have seen the people interacting with Connor.  It was amazing!"  After the meeting we went to Matt and Sherry's house for waffles.  I ended up cooking the waffles the entire time.  Sherry had the batter already made, I just refilled the waffle iron.  Connor was only able to be there for about thirty minutes. He and Tage had to leave for the University of Utah. Sherry thought they needed to be there on Tuesday, but yesterday found out it was today.  Crazy to send your kids off to college with a house full of people still there to enjoy waffles.  I got to say hello to Connor real quick, I don't think Maysen even saw him.  It was crazy! Connor and Tage are at their adventure/orientation thing until Thursday.  Thursday is also the day they move in.  They are not coming home, but Sherry and Matt are meeting them with there stuff.  So, Sherry's two oldest kids just left for college for the first time with all the commotion going around them. I would be a wreck!  Good thing Sherry can handle things like that!

No comments: