Monday, July 18, 2016

Sleeping Bag

I sent Stockton to dive camp today.  Allison took him up.  Josh is going to room with him.  Yay!  Hopefully Josh will realize how much he misses it and want to start up again.  I played softball with Jorja a lot of the day.  She tried out for a competitive team this evening.  They only have five spots and there were at least twenty girls who were trying out. Six were from a different competitive team that doesn't like their coach. We don't have high hopes for her to make it, but she is glad she tried out.  It was a goal for her.  It was kind of scary.  The part she liked best was catching at the end.  I'm glad she is willing to try for things, even when she knows they are most likely out of reach.  That is a good trait to have.

I have been sick to my stomach over the loss of Matt and Sam's sleeping bag.  I was hoping it would be found while we were on vacation, but no such luck.  I remember Matt and Sam talking about the bag when they got it.  I couldn't remember the details though.  I asked Sam about it.  This sleeping bag was given to them when Sam's step-dad Steve died.  It was her mom and Steve's.  Her mom said she no longer needed a double sleeping bag.  Great.  Not only did I lose something, but it was expensive and it was sentimental.  The frustrating thing is we have so many sleeping bags that would be no big deal to lose!  (Just not the ones my parents gave me.  It was the last gift I was ever given from my mom.)  Anyways, today I got a text saying the sleeping bag was back!  I couldn't believe it! Brother Trost texted me saying the sleeping bag just showed up.  He has no idea who dropped it off, but it was on his porch when he got home today.  Yay!  Yay!  Yay!  I was so happy and extremely relieved!  I texted this picture to Stockton, Matt and Sam.  I don't know what it is with Stockton's stuff going missing for three weeks after camp.  This is the second time this has happened.  Luckily both times his things have been found.
Stephanie with the missing sleeping bag

No comments: