Thursday, July 7, 2016

Six Flags Whitewater

After getting rained out yesterday Teresa texted me saying she hoped we had better luck in Florida.  I sent her this screenshot.  We are planning on going to Universal Studios on Monday and Tuesday.  Let's hope this changes!
We arrived at Six Flags right before it opened.  We got inside, but they were holding everyone back.  Here Preston and I are crouched at the starting line ready to head to Dare Devil Drop.
Stephanie and Preston
The plan worked perfectly.  We were the second card to ride the Drop ride.  There was one major problem.  This ride you wear these goggle things.  As you are riding, you press the side of the goggles to shoot the airplanes.  We never noticed that the sign (quite small) says you can only wear the glasses if you are over 12.  It never mentions anything about this on the maps that we had, even though it had all the height restrictions.  Preston did not take this well.  He cried and cried.  I told him I wouldn't wear the goggles either.  He sobbed, "I don't want to ruin it for you!"  The workers were telling him it was okay.  He sobbed loudly, "No it's not!"  The goggles were kind of frustrating.  I was worried they were going to fall off the entire time, so I was holding them while being whipped around.  It is a good concept of a ride, but needs some work I think.  Preston was upset when the ride ended, so I sent Mike off with the other kids.  They rode Goliath and got the front seat of Superman.  Preston and I rode the extreme swings and The Great American Scream.  The second ride is just like the white roller coaster, but longer.  It wraps around Hurricane Harbor.  That was cool. Hurricane Harbor was called Skull Island the last time we were here. It is a lot bigger now.  They have a wave pool and a tornado.  We met up with Mike after and the kids rode The Great American Scream with Preston.  Stockton and Maysen wanted to ride the Wile E Coyote.  It is now called the Joker.  I groaned when Mike told me they were in line for that.  That line takes forever!  I remember that line! Maysen, Stockton, Preston and I waited in it.  For at least an hour.  Stockton kept telling me we were making memories.  (The ride is a roller coaster similar to Bombora.  Not worth an hour wait.)  We all rode the Sitting Duck ride again.  So fun!  They need one at Lagoon!  Then we were off to Six Flags Whitewater.
Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Stockton, Mike
 Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Stockton
We had a great time today!  There were so many fun rides.  The weather was great.  The park closes at 6, except on Thursdays.  We lucked out on that one!  At the end of the day Mike, Maysen and I went to ride this waterside that Maysen remembered, we weren't sure if we would get to it before the park closed.  The other three played in the kids area while we were gone.  They had a great time, but the ride we went on was so fun I wish they had done it too!  It was fun to have Maysen to ourselves though.  We went straight from the park to Stone Mountain.  We got here right before dark.  It was kind of tricky to park, so I'm glad it was still light outside.  Preston and I were on the picnic table reading Harry Potter when a young girl with no helmet went flying past on her bicycle.  I thought, "Wow.  She's pretty brave.  She much know how to ride a bike well to be going that fast."  Turns out she didn't.  She had a nasty crass into a tree at the bottom of the hill.  Yikes!

No comments: