Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Our Georgia Home

I am really behind on my blog, which is frustrating.  For some reason I could not get the pictures from my phone onto my computer.  I have A LOT of pictures.  Anyway, this day was a great day.  Stockton received a text in the morning from Josh asking if he had checked his AP scores. We logged on to see their results.  The scores are released by state and Utah is in the first batch.  The website wouldn't let us check our score because it said it could tell we weren't in Utah.  That's obnoxious.  I called my dad and had him log into the website and check the scores. Maysen and Stockton passed all of their tests!  Yay!  Maysen had English Literature, US Government and something like World Government.  Stockton had Calculus and World History.  Glad that is over with!

We made it to Georgia today.  Georgia welcomed us with traffic.  It took us about 25 minutes to go the three miles from I-285 onto I-20.  I don't miss that at all!  We got to Villa Rica about ten minutes before 4.  We planned to have some friends over for ice-cream at our old house at 4:00.  Stephanie texted me a few days ago and said they decided last minute to go to Utah, but Tim would leave the door open for us.
Jorja brought Horizon on this trip
 Horizon
We stopped to pick up ice-cream at Publix.  This kids were so excited to go and get a free cookie.  Every time they came grocery shopping with me we would stop by the bakery first and pick up a free cookie.  They thought it was the greatest.
 Maysen, Jorja, Preston, Stockton
 Preston adding the Georgia sticker
 Our house!!!
Mike's office is now a playroom.  The first thing the kids did is slide down the slide.  We left this slide with them when we moved.  They weren't living in our house at the time.  Preston was so sad we left this six years ago.
Preston & Jorja
 Jorja and Maysen
 Stockton & Maysen
The kids had a great time exploring and seeing what is the same and what is different.  All the rooms have been painted.  Our playroom is a bedroom.  The reading corner, rock climbing wall and dog house are still there.
Jorja
 Preston
 Preston loves the dog house!
A few of our old friends were able to stop by.  Jennifer Montgomery came over first.  She only stayed for a bit.  I did not know that they are in the process of moving!  Maysen and I were so happy that Tito and Jakob came!  Jakob was one of Maysen's very favorite friends when we lived here.  He was probably the last friend she saw before we moved. She has missed him a lot.  The Dotson's and the Roth's also came. Teresa and Weston were able to come and Stockton's friends Nicolas and Taylor stopped by.  It was a hard day for people to come because a lot of our friends were out of town for the 4th of July.
Jorja
 Tito, Jakob, Rae, Maysen
 Jakob & Maysen ~ I love this picture!
 Stephanie & Tito ~ So happy she could make it!
 Weston, Stockton, Moses
 Stephanie and Teresa!  I don't like her at all! :)
 Daniel, Stephanie, Ruthann, Joseph
We had a lot of fun recreating older pictures.  This was the day we moved.  I'm pretty sure Jerome took this picture.
Preston, Maysen, Stephanie, Mike, Stockton, Jorja
 Today!
 Here's my instagram picture.  Easier to see.
The kids played outside while I was busy gabbing with my friends. They were jealous of the trampoline in the backyard.  They have been working on trying to get me to buy a tramp for years!
Jorja & Stockton
Nicolas
 Nicolas, Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Moses
Stockton's friends Nicolas and Taylor came to see him.  Although Nicolas told me he goes by Nick now.  I'm having a hard time with that. I asked when that happened.  Fifth grade.  That was when we moved. Nicolas and Taylor are twins.  They live one street over from us. Stockton would cut through Jaz's yard to get to their house.  Luckily Jaz's family didn't mind.  I was hoping to see them, but they are in Florida right now.
 Stockton, Taylor, Nicolas
 Nicolas, Taylor, Stockton
 I couldn't believe how big this hedge was.
 Stephanie
We decided to drive by the elementary school and were so glad we did. We had a lot of fun walking around there.
Mirror Lake Elementary
 Maysen, Jorja, Stockton
Every day the kids had to say the Mirror Lake pledge.  They still remember it.
I quickly looked up pictures I had taken years before.  It was fun to try and recreate them.  The kids have sure grown!
Jorja, Stockton, Maysen
 Jorja
 After we took this picture we realized she was on the wrong side
 We made Jorja take it again
 Stockton
 Maysen
 Wrong side for Maysen too
 Maysen
 Stephanie, Maysen, Jorja, Stockton
Stockton, Jorja and Preston hopped the fence to play on the playground.  I had pictures of them that they are recreating, but it looks like I forgot to add them.  Maybe I'll do that later, but I'm way to tired to fix that now.
 Stockton
 Preston
 Jorja
 Stockton was so nice to help his sister get back over the fence.
Preston, Jorja, Stockton
We stopped at Mason Creek Middle School next.  We don't have as many memories here.  Maysen only went here one year and didn't have a good experience.  She did have a memory brick that we had gotten her and we wanted to find it.
 Maysen at Mason Creek
 There's her brick
 Maysen
 Mike and Maysen overlooking the moat at the front of the school
 I don't know why they have a moat, but it sure looks like one
Our next stop was Stevi B's.  This was a request from the kids before we even left Utah.  They love Stevi B's and have missed it.  It's like Pizza Pie Cafe, but better.  Potato pizza is my favorite.
Preston, Jorja, Maysen, Stockton
 Jorja, Preston, Maysen, Mike, Stockton
We drove to Teresa's house and spent the rest of the night with her. Their house is lovely and the basement is so fun!  We were able to see Jerome there, he wasn't able to get home from work in time to come to our house.  We parked our motorhome in their driveway for the night. We had such a fun day today.  It was perfect.

No comments: