Saturday, July 9, 2016

Heather's House!

We left Stone Mountain this morning and headed to the house of our high school friend.  It was so fun to have her live in Georgia when we did.  I also went to college with Heather.  I mentioned to Paul that we had an institute class together.  It is easy for me to remember him because he was engaged to Heather at the time and I always sat next to Heather.  Before we left our campground I was able to get pictures of our 'Southern' shirts.
Stephanie, Mike, Preston, Jorja
 Jorja
 Preston
 Mike (his glows in the dark!)
I wanted to get this one for Maysen, but it wasn't in the buy 3 get one free deal.  I probably should have gotten it for her anyway.  And a matching one for Grace.
We made it to Heather's house this afternoon!  I was so happy! Heather let me invade to do laundry, which is such a blessing.  It was nice to have a relaxing day.
Stephanie and Heather
Heather lives in such a magical place.  Lily was in the pool when we arrived.  She was in the pool for EIGHT hours today!  What a fish! There is a pond near Heather's house, so the kids were able to just play while I got the clothes clean.  It sure is beautiful here!
Jorja on the diving board
Stockton and Preston fully dressed on the duck
Lily and Paul in the pool
 Jorja joining the duck party
The kids got their swimsuits so they could swim for real.  Mike and Stockton had a mini war to push the other in.  They both lost.  Mike got Stockton in, but Stockton did not let go and Mike tumbled in after him.
Stockton & Mike
Paul, Lily, Jorja, Preston
 Chicken Fight!
Jorja didn't last long on Stockton
Lily & Paul
Mike & Preston
 Jorja & Winnie
 Preston & Mike
 Maysen
 Preston & Mike
 Stockton
Jorja and Preston had fun catching frogs.  Look how tiny they are!
Jorja
 Preston
 Louie
I really wanted to go to the Hawaiian Chick-Fil-A.  Heather needed to drop Celia off at dance camp two hours away.  I thought we would get back around the time Heather did, but it took a lot longer than I expected.  I left Maysen at Heather's house doing laundry.  She doesn't like to eat out much.
It's kind of cool.  They have a fast food side and a restaurant side.  The same food is served on both sides.  We picked the fast food side of course.
 Their frozen pineapple was delicious
 Stephanie, Preston, Jorja, Stockton
I stayed up talking to Heather for awhile before I headed back to the laundry room.  I worked on the laundry until two in the morning.  It is nice to have clean clothes for the second half of our trip though!  Good thing I will be able to sleep while Mike is driving!

No comments: