Friday, July 22, 2016

Diving, Baseball and Fireworks

Stockton's back!  Yay!  I have missed him.  I brought Jorja, Preston and Willy up with me to watch Stockton's mock competition.  They do this at the end of every dive camp.  The first year I had no idea and waited for him outside his dorm.  Glad I know about this now!  I loved every second of it, even though it was a little long for those I brought with me.

Stockton's first dive was changed on him.  He was planning on doing a reverse 1 1/2, I think.  He was doing the dry land run through of the dives like his coach has been asking him to.  When he got up on the board they announced that he would be doing a 105B.  Stockton looked at Tyce and put out his arms like, "What?"  Tyce said (into the microphone) "You heard me.  105B.  That is what is says on the paper. I changed it myself."  Haha!  In diving, you need to do the dive that is announced.  The diver fills out a dive list paper before the dive.  If the announcer announces the wrong dive, the diver must correct the announcer.  If they don't realize it was announced wrong and do the dive they wrote down, they get zeros for doing an incorrect dive.  Even though it was the announcers fault.  Anyways, Tyce announced 105B, so that is what Stockton had to do.  Even though he caught it, Tyce didn't let him change it.  It was pretty funny.
105B ~ front 2 1/2 pike
The dives are all in categories.  100 dives mean front dives.  200s are back.  300s are reverse.  400s are inward.  500s, or the ones with four numbers are twists.  The last number is the number of rotations.  100 is a front jump.  101 is a front dive.  102 is a front flip.  103 is a 1 1/2.  104 is a double.  105 is a 2 1/2.  The twists are a little weird.  They start with the number 5.  The next number signifies front, back etc.  The third number is the number of flips.  The fourth number is the number of twists.  5132 would be a front 1/2 full.  There are letters at the end of the dives as well.  A is straight, B is pike.  C is tuck and D is free.  B and C is most often used.  When the divers are on the board they will say things like "Stockton Smith doing a 405C".  That translates to an inward 2 1/2 tuck.
303C ~ reverse 1 1/2 tuck
405C ~ inward 2 1/2 tuck
Stockton just learned the inward 2 1/2 tuck on 3 meter this week.  I love it when he stretches himself and learns new things!  He also did a 2 1/2 off the platform at the end.  He did this dry, meaning with no warmup.  He hasn't done this dive in over two years.  He nailed it!
105C ~ front 2 1/2 tuck
I left Maysen home on the slight chance that Brett and Rachel would make it to our house before we got back.  I figured there was a 5% chance that would happen.  Well, it did.  We were on the freeway when they got there.  I hurried home as fast as I could and I was so excited to see them there!  Brett wanted to go to a Bees game, especially if there were fireworks.  We found out that the game tonight had fireworks and also had a Star Wars theme.  The game tomorrow has fireworks too, but Rachel is hoping to see her family tomorrow.  Boy did they hustle to get here, but they did it!  It was wonderful!  My dad brought up pizza to my house before we took off.  That was nice because I was starving and had planned to pick up something on the way to the park.  We had the best time!  Brett's family was there, my family, Bubs family, Matt's family, my dad and Max.  We sat on the grass, which was perfect for the little kids.  It was also perfect for my kids.  Stockton took a LONG nap during the game.  He was so exhausted!  The Bees got trounced by Tacoma though.  There were lots of Star Wars characters walking around.  That was fun.
Dad & Grace
 Stormtroopers with Grace and her Grandpa
This next picture is hilarious.  Anne was so proud of it.  She went around showing the picture to everyone saying, "I didn't die!  They didn't kill me!"  Haha!  She cracks me up!
Anne not dying
We were able to go on the field after the game.  The fireworks were amazing!  We finally got perfect fireworks for Maysen.  Mike asked her if they were good enough.  She had a big smile and gave a thumbs up and said, "Although I think that was a little overkill for a minor league team."  Haha!  That girl cracks me up as well!

Willy is SO GREAT with the kids.  Especially the little ones.  He plays and plays with them.  Preston has loved playing with Willy.  Although Willy is a tease, Preston has had to learn how to adapt and deal with teasing.  That is a good life lesson for him to learn.
Preston & Willy
 Grace & Grandpa
 Preston, Willy, Marie
 Eve & Ella playing peek-a-boo, Brett & Rachel are there too
 Marie
My phone takes moving pictures sometimes.  I think my kids change the settings on me.  It is annoying a lot of the time, but it kind of made for better pictures of the fireworks.
The kids stood in line to run the bases after the game.  Preston is the only one from my family that wanted to do it.
Marie
 Mina, Brett & Grace behind her
 Brett & Grace
 Preston, Anne & Matt, Ella
 Jeff & Sam
Jorja lost her iPod on the way out.  Luckily she realized it.  Mike took her back to look.  They found it in the bathroom.  It was a long drive home.  We stopped at Mike's work on the way to pick up his jeep. Maysen, Jorja and Preston slept out in the motorhome.  (It is nice to have 9 extra beds outside.  That was one of Mike's 'justifications' for getting a motorhome.  Glad it has come in handy!)  Stockton and Willy slept in the boys room.  Marie, Rachel and Mina slept in the girls' room. Brett, Grace and Eve slept in the guest room. We all pretty much just fell asleep as soon as we got home.  It was a good day.

No comments: