Sunday, July 24, 2016

Batting Cage

I titled this post batting cage because that is all that I have pictures of. Creative, I know.  This morning Brett and Rachel got there kids ready for 9:00 church.  They went to my dad's ward.  I met them there.  My dad was speaking in sacrament meeting.  He talked about being humble.  He talked about my mom.  That's always nice to hear him talk about my mom, even if it is sad sometimes.  I left after sacrament meeting to go to my ward.  Marie and Mina went to the class that Cathy and Sam teach.  Grace went to nursery with Anne.  I taught my class for the first time.  It went really well.  I'm not 100% convinced that Sister Liu likes my teaching style.  Oh well.  Our ward always goes way out for the 24th of July in primary.  This is the first time I've been able to see it.  They had a cool looking (pretend) campfire set up in the primary room.  The kids sat on blankets around it.  Lots of people were dressed up as pioneers.  The young women came in and told pioneer stories. They passed around dried apples, beef jerky and biscuits.

When I got back from church my dad was already there making spaghetti.  I noticed he had texted me during church, but never looked at it.  His text says, "Is it OK if I come up with Matt and Sam and bring spaghetti dinner and get it cooked so that when you get out of church it will be there for you and then there will be more time to play games according to Matt."  I'm never going to be upset if someone wants to cook us food!  We ate, played games (I'm pretty sure I won both games of Dominion, if my memory is wrong...fine by me!) played in the batting cage and just had a lot of fun.  This batting cage would have been so cool to have while growing up!  My brothers' would have loved it!  Willy is really good at sports.  He did great in the batting cage.  He tells me he loves basketball the best.
Marie & Brett
 Willy
 Brett
My dad made tapioca for us.  Delicious as always.  Willy asked who made this.  I told him my dad did.  He said, "Why in America do the men do all the cooking?"  Haha!  My dad and Mike have done all the cooking while Willy has been here.  I just laughed and said, "That's how it should be."

No comments: