Monday, June 6, 2016

Swim/Dive Meet

Today was the first swim and dive meet of the year.  Jorja had only been to three swim practices and two dive practices because of softball. She still did it though.  Her dives were pretty simple.  That's okay. Stockton of course did awesome.  The one thing that was weird was they made him do a front dive and a back dive.  He rarely practices those.  His back dive was not good at all.  All of his other dives were great.  It was cute to hear the little kids talking about him.  'Watch that kid!  He's a legend!'  Ha!  The one thing I didn't like about the meet, and the reason I don't have any dive pictures is I was asked to be a judge.  I really don't like doing that, but I survived.  For some reason my kids suits didn't come with the swim team order.  I filled out all the paperwork on the first day of signups, just our information was left out. The kids swam in their regular suits.  Jorja will only make it to two meets this year.  I guess she will only have a team suit for one.  Maysen and Stockton stayed and watched Jorja and Preston in their swim meet.  Preston did the 50 free and 50 back.  Jorja did the 100 free, 50 breast and 50 fly.  She did not want to do the 50 fly.  She said there was no way she could finish it.  She was wrong.
Preston
 Jorja
I love watching Preston swim.  He is not competitive at all.  He is always the last one by a ways.  By the time he makes it back there are usually a lot of people cheering for him.  He has no concept how slow he is.  I find this extremely adorable.
Preston in lane 1
 Looks like his suit is having a hard time staying up
 Preston looking around....you're in a race Preston! Haha!!!
 Here he comes!
 Almost there and smiling at me!
 Finished with tons of applause!
 Back stroke
 This one really takes awhile
The kids were pretty exhausted when they got home.  Jorja and Preston also had swim practice this morning.  Stockton did two of his road drives.  That took several hours.  He just has his test left.  That will be so nice to have done!  Mike gave a late Family Home Evening lesson. He talked about the universe and how there are so many unknowns. People like to act like science is 100% accurate, but in reality science is always changing.  He showed a cool show about the universe and the enormity of it.  I guess the show was about more than the universe . . . 

No comments: