Friday, June 3, 2016

No More Pencils, No More Books

Today was the official last day of school!  Hooray!  I didn't sleep hardly at all last night.  I was worried Stockton would fall asleep somewhere and miss his 8:00 appointment.  I woke up at 1:00 and stayed awake until he came home at 6:45.  Boy was I glad to see him.  He went down and slept for about thirty minutes.  He ended up cleaning in his robotics class for about two hours.  With that finished he will have managed a 4.0 for the first two years of high school.  I wasn't sure he would be able to do that with calculus, but he works hard and did a great job.  It will be nice when his Drivers Ed class is over and he can finally relax.  He has everything finished except the final.  He got to that spot about 5:45 tonight.  The final needs to be proctored.  Drat. Now we have to figure out what to do.  The class was supposed to be finished today, so I'm not sure what is going to happen with that. Hopefully they don't just give him a 0 on the final and that is what ruins his GPA.  Also, hopefully they don't make him start all of the way over.  He has the road driving he needs to do as well.  It will be nice when that boy can completely relax.  He has worked so hard!

Jorja and Preston both had a half day of school today.  Preston got to have breakfast in his classroom. He has loved his teachers Mrs. Redd and Ms. Wu.  What a great year.  I realized late last night that I didn't have an end of the year present for them.  When I picked Stockton up from robotics I decided to just get them a gift certificate to Bahama Bucks.  We went there, but it didn't open until noon.  Next idea was Kneaders.  Preston had mentioned that.  I wanted to get them a gift basket, but there was only one in the $20 range.  The rest were in the $45 range.  The lady that does the gift baskets wasn't in.  I ended up getting them a package of orange sweet rolls, a loaf of cinnamon, blueberry and banana bread.  (Three different loafs, not all those flavors in one.)  We just had them in bags.  I hurried to Preston's school and found him.  He was happy I remembered.  I hurried home and dropped Stockton off and picked Maysen up.  Maysen wanted to take Zeke to the vet.  We were a few minutes late to that appointment.  We ended up being there two hours.  I was so tired!  I'm glad Maysen was able to get Zeke some medicine.  She was so worried!  Yesterday she thought he might die.  "Not today!" she told me.  That would have been horrible if what she remembers about her high school graduation is that her pet died.  Hopefully this medicine will help.

I had just walked in the door when Jorja called and asked me to pick her up.  She and her friends didn't take the bus home but had walked to the grocery store.  I got them and then spent the rest of the day trying to get ready for Jorja's party.  I thought I would have all day to do this....turns out I didn't even have a spare second!  Jorja invited friends over to have an after school burning of their homework party.  I also watched Bubs and Ange's kids so they could go to a pre-planning meeting of the trip they are going on with my dad.  They did good not bothering Jorja and her friends for the most part.  When Jorja's friends invited Lincoln to play soccer with him he thought he had gone to heaven!
Jorja
 Abbie, Jorja, Hailey
 Jorja, Denton, Hailey
 Katlyn
 Daxton wearing a flower, Abbie
 I think my backyard is pretty
 Natalie & Jorja
 Kate
 Katlyn & Jorja
 Jorja was sad to burn this for some reason
 Kate, Hailey, Noah, Jade, Jorja
 Mike, Katlyn, Kate, Hailey, Noah's leg, Jade
 Kate, Hailey, Noah, Jade, Abbie
 Hailey
 Kate, Hailey, Noah, Jorja, Katlyn's shirt, Jade
 Kate, Denton, Hailey, Noah, Katlyn, Jorja, Jade, Abbie
 Kate, Hailey, Noah, Katlyn, Jade, Jorja, Abbie
 Kate, Denton, Jorja, Noah, Jade
 Jorja....F-I
 R-E!
 Denton, Jorja, Hailey
 Denton, Jorja, Hailey's forhead, Noah
 Denton, Jorja, Noah, Abbie
 Noah, Abbie, Jade, Katlyn
 Maysen!, Abbie, Joey, Katlyn, Jorja
 Abbie, Jorja, Noah
 Katlyn
 Katlyn, Jorja, Abbie's eye and nose
 Maysen with ash all over her hair
 Mike, Daxton, Preston, Noah, Lincoln, Ella, Jorja, Jade
 Abby, Preston, Millie, Ella
 Preston
 Abbers
 Ella
 Amelia
We let the little kids throw homework in for a bit.  We had to constantly tell Lincoln to not hold the burning paper.  Ha!  He wants to be a big kid so bad!  Seriously though, I did not want to chance him being burned up on my watch!
Daxton, Abby, Ella, Lincoln
 Jorja's hand, Abby, Ella, Preston, Lincoln's hand
 Preston
 Preston solving the smoke hurts my eyes problem
We had hot dogs and s'mores for the kids to make.  One thing Mike and I definitely learned is we will never have hot dogs for a middle school party ever again!  They think it is absolutely hilarious to call them wieners.  Then they talk about inappropriate things that makes it really awkward.  Then the parents have to be . . . really? . . . and bother the kids.  Then the parents have to hope that one person in particular is not going to be a bad influence on their child.  The parents are also glad to know this . . . still, no hot dogs ever again.
Katlyn, Kate, Hailey, Daxton, Jorja
 Katlyn
 Kate, Hailey, Daxton, Denton, Noah, Joey, Abbie, Jorja, Katlyn, Jade
Jorja had a lot of fun.  Her friends seemed to have a good time as well. Jorja was really happy, and that made Mike and I smile.

No comments: