Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mistakes

Mike worked from home today.  He wanted to make sure the car got taken care of.  Once the car was towed he took Stockton to BYU.  So, I guess he actually worked from BYU today.  Stockton had practice from 10-12 and 1-3.  I stayed home with the kids.  I tried to take them swimming, but the pool cover stuck on me.  Everyone was in their swimsuits and I couldn't get it past the curved part.  Only the shallow end was uncovered.  I was too nervous to work on it with my back turned to the kids.  So, that is what we did.  Swam in the shallow end. It was me, Preston, Lincoln, Ella, Abby and Millie.  I stuck to Millie like glue.  It was a little disappointing, but they seemed okay with it.  I had everyone take a bath when they were finished.  I came downstairs and Preston was bawling in the bathroom.  Abby had called him a 'stupid head'.  Preston is not used to being called names.  I told Abby that we don't call anyone names, especially not ones that would hurt other peoples feelings.  She started crying.  I got Preston calmed down then talked to Abby.  I told her, "It's okay.  We all make mistakes." Through her tears Abby said, "I don't have the Holy Ghost with me." She was so sweet.  I talked to her for a long time to make sure she knew we weren't mad at her, but we don't allow name calling at my house.  Later that day we were together.  I can't remember the exact situation, but Abby said, "Everyone makes mistakes."  Then she turned to me and smiled. She is adorable.

No comments: