Monday, June 13, 2016

Mike's Gone, Jorja's Gone

Stockton was able to have his dive practice on the platforms today.  The BYU divers went down to Cottonwood to have their morning practice. Cottonwood is where Stockton use to dive.  Josh (Stockton's old diving buddy) was the lifeguard there.  The kids had fun teasing him.

I had to leave my house before my brother Mike did.  Jorja is going to softball camp at BYU this week.  (Of course Stockton didn't need to be at BYU the one morning Jorja needed to be there.  Nice timing.)  I have LOVED having Mike and his family stay with us.  Ella really loved it!  I got some pictures with Mike's family before I left.  Blake was a little hard to convince to join in the picture.
Stephanie & Blake
 Larkin, Amelia, Ella, Stephanie, Skye
 Larkin, Ella, Stephanie, Skye
Amelia, Blake
 Larkin, Stephanie, Skye
 Larkin, Stephanie, Skye, Blake
Preston took some pictures of Mike and I.  They are all pretty much the same with one slight variation.  See if you can notice it.
Stephanie & Mike
What a silly Porge!  Jorja was a bit nervous about going to softball camp.  Last year she didn't know anyone, but Stockton was at diving camp the same week.  Their camps are different weeks this year.  She has just started and a lot of these girls have been playing forever.  We were pretty excited when we met her roommate Journee.  Her mom said she has been playing softball since she can walk.  She told me Journee loves teacher newbies.  She also told me that Journee is really outgoing.  It sounds like this is the perfect roommate for Jorja.  I hope it ends up being as perfect as it sounds.  I'm really going to miss that girl!
Jorja & Journee
Stockton and Preston had a dive/swim meet.  I was asked to judge again.  I told them I would rather not judge and that I was going to be watching four additional kids.  They still assigned me to judge.  We got to the pool at 3:30, but waited a half an hour because we were under rain delay.  At four the kids were allowed to get in the pool, but they only got one warmup dive.  Maysen was up in the pavilion with the other kids, but I had Millie on my lap.  I was worried about leaving her for so long.  She was great for the first round, then she wanted to get in the pool.  I tried to reason with her, but she would not have it.  It was really frustrating and embarrassing.  I motioned to Maysen to come and get Millie.  She didn't come.  After struggling with Millie while trying to judge for a long time I frantically motioned to Maysen again. She came down and took Millie back up with her.  She told me that she thought I was motioning for her to notice that Preston was on the board.  Mike arrived shortly after.  He went up to the pavilion with the others.  He said Millie cried and cried until he would tell her Stockton or Preston were diving.  Then she would watch and laugh, then immediately start crying.  It was frustrating doing that today, but at the same time I wanted to say, "See, I told you this would be difficult, couldn't someone else have agreed to do this?"

Mike took the kids home after the dive meet.  I stayed with Preston for the swimming meet.  He was sad that everyone went home.  The swimmers were only able to race a few events until there was another rain delay.  I asked Mike if he could come and get Preston.  I would text him when the meet started again.  Mike was all for it, except our van wouldn't start.  I drove Preston home in the jeep.  We were home for five minutes when the Yauneys sent me a text saying the meet was starting.  Preston, Ella and I hurried up to the pool.  Preston's goggles fell off right as he jumped in.  Oh well.  They cancelled the meet after the freestyle events.  Thank goodness!  I was so glad to get home! Hopefully our car will start tomorrow!

No comments: