Friday, June 17, 2016

Mike's Eye

Mike has had this weird bump in the corner of his eye for a few years. He doesn't like it.  A few weeks ago he tried popping it with a needle, that was really gross!  It wouldn't pop and he said that it was freaky having a needle that close to his eye.  He was worried he would slip. I'm glad he gave up on that.  The eye doctor looked at it and told him it was some kind of a wart.  He scheduled Mike to have a mini-surgery today.
Dot by Mike's eye
Mike drove himself there.  He wasn't worried at all.  He texted me when it was over.  These are some of his texts.  "Wow that hurt so bad but it is done" "It was basically a tear duct tumor (non cancer) They are sending to the lab to double check though" "Shot hurt cutting hurt additional shot hurt more cutting bright lights etc etc"  When I asked him if he screamed he texted back "Yes.  Yes I did.  And twitch and cry" He said that it was the most pain he had ever been in in his life.  Poor guy.
After
I couldn't take Mike to his surgery because I needed to pick up Jorja from softball camp.  She texted me this morning and asked me to be there as soon as I could.  She met a few friends, but her roommate didn't come back again tonight, so Jorja slept alone.  Sometimes they would be eating lunch together and then Journee would just get up and leave and not come back.  I had such high hopes for this week.  Jorja did have fun with a few girls from her team.  Too bad they weren't in her dorm.  I came in time to watch Jorja get a great hit over the second baseman.  She got two RBIs on that hit and it tied the game up.  Nice way to finish on a high note.
Jorja

At the end of the camp the girls are given the opportunity to have the BYU players and coaches sign something for them.  Jorja got a ball signed by them last year and was excited to do this again.
I asked Jorja if she saw Erica at the camp.  She looked at me like I was crazy and said Erica was right below me when I was taking pictures.  I never even noticed her.  Sure enough, there is Erica with the orange socks on.
Jorja was quite exhausted the rest of the day.  She was glad she was able to go, but really glad she is back home.  I'm glad she is back as well.

No comments: