Friday, June 10, 2016

Mike at Lagoon

Preston had scout camp today.  We got him up and out the door by 7:30.  Today is also my family reunion at Lagoon.  That is why I'm skipping scout camp today.  Preston seemed to like it.  It was a construction camp and they had a lot of building activities.  Preston made a Minecraft bead thing.  It was really cute.  I thought he must have used a pattern that was available.  Nope.  He made up the design himself.  Mike left Lagoon and picked him up.  He got here close to 5. It is nice having season passes.  Max was so excited to see him and they were off.  I didn't see him hardly at all.  Poor Maysen had also been waiting for Preston to ride some rides with her.  She waited a long time at the pavilion for Preston to come back.  I don't think he had any clue Maysen wanted to be with him.  Maysen doesn't really know my family at all.  We only see each other twice a year if I'm lucky.  She is a lot older than the first cousins on my side.  I wish she had a good cousin friend she could be with on my side of the family.  Stockton is in the same boat.  The difference with Stockton is he is obsessed with Anne. He took Anne off by himself for a long time.  Mike found him and snapped some pictures.  I think Anne was in heaven!
Stockton & Anne
Why is this post titled Mike at Lagoon?  Well.....I'm not talking about my husband Mike, I'm talking about my brother Mike.  I was getting everything ready to leave when my brother Mike called.  He said, "What are you doing today?"  "Ummm....going to Lagoon....what are you doing....you aren't in town are you?"  "Not yet"  "WHAT!!!  Did you know it is Lagoon day?"  This is the point where I panic and think I need to make a decision.  Should I go to Lagoon and see my extended family or stay with Mike.  I was trying to think fast to see if I could change plans that quick.  Mike laughed and said he was coming to Lagoon too.  I don't know why that wasn't my first thought.  He decided yesterday to come.  He brought Skye, Larkin and Blake.  I was so excited!  It was so much fun to see him!  Mike arrived a little after 1:00. I kept checking my phone so I wouldn't miss it when he texted me.  I was sitting with Tammi when I said, "Mike is at In-and-Out in Draper, so he will be here in about an hour probably."  About thirty minutes later Tammi noticed my husband playing with Jorja.  She said, "Wait! Mike's back there...do you mean your brother Mike is coming?"  Yep. She was pretty excited to see him.  I can't remember if she had to leave to get the twins back to Idaho before Mike got here or not.

Mike said the one ride Skye really wants to go on is Cliffhanger. Maysen wanted to go on that too because that is the only ride at Lagoon she has never ridden.  I told Skye she would get really wet.  She looked confused.  Maysen, Skye, Larkin, Heather, Max, my dad and Cathy headed down there.  Larkin was too short so my dad waited with her. He was so excited about getting out of this!  My brother's usually call this ride the Dishwasher.  This time the ride really scared me.  I didn't feel like I was held in well.  I was holding on tight in case the seatbelt popped open.  A lot of good that would have done.  I don't think I have ever felt like that on a ride before.  Anyways, when we were finished Skye told me she thought we were going on Cannibal.  That is the ride she really wanted to go on.  Oops!  My dad took Larkin on Wild Mouse while we were waiting.  Then Larkin, Skye, my dad and I rode it again. I was with Larkin and Skye, Mike was with Blake.  We switched later in the day so Mike could ride some big kid rides too.  Mike was able to take Skye and Larkin on both Wicked and Cannibal.  I'm sure other rides as well.  I had fun hanging out with Blake.  He is adorable.  Blake and Anne had so much fun together.  When it was pretty late we took them to the little kid bumper cars.  Blake loved it right off the bat.  The first time Anne went she was stuck the entire time.  We decided to give it a try.  I would walk in with her and straighten her car out.  Oh man! She spun and spun in circles with the biggest smile on her face.  Blake and Anne rode that ride for over an hour . . . until the park closed.  As soon as the ride would end Blake would run off it and back into the line.  They never had to wait, so it was pretty cool.  I remember doing that when I was little.
Blake
 Blake & Anne
 Anne
 Blake
Mike and I took two separate cars to Lagoon.  I drove up Maysen, Jorja and Preston.  Stockton drove the jeep with Mike.  Mike and Stockton left Lagoon early and drove up to the cabin.  Stockton had four more night hours of driving he needed, so they decided to do this.  Nice that he has learned how to drive a stick shift too.  Mike didn't call me when they got there, but the door alerted me, so I know they were safe.  My brother Mike is staying here with three of his kids.  I'm so happy!

No comments: