Thursday, June 16, 2016

Last Assignment

Wow!  Today was a crazy day!  Good thing I had Maysen and Stockton to help me.  Mike drove the motorhome to the temple this morning. He still works at the temple every Thursday morning.  I drove Preston to swimming lessons, picked up Stockton and we drove to the motorhome shop.  Mike had scheduled to have some things on our motorhome fixed before our big trip.  Right now we have two cars in the shop. Lovely.  Anyway, Stockton and I picked up Mike from the motorhome place and drove to the virtual high school testing place. Stockton had to take his final for drivers ed.  That is a huge long boring story of how we got that figured out, I'm just glad it is done!  We dropped Stockton off there and then I drove Mike to work.  I dropped him off and headed back to get Stockton.  He finished when I was a few streets away.  I dropped him off at home and went to the pool to get Preston.  I dropped Preston off at home and took Maysen to an appointment I had set up for her.  Mike and I decided for a graduation present we would like to get her laser hair removal treatments.  Maysen is not excited, so it is quite a lame present.  We compromised and she agreed to do her legs and her underarms.  Maysen doesn't understand why anyone should shave.  She thinks people shouldn't care about hair. I pester her about this all the time.  She will do it, but is never happy about it.  I thought this would make her life easier.  The lady in the consultation kept telling her what an amazing present this is.  Maysen isn't buying it, but she loves Mike and I so she is willing to do it.

Once home from that appointment I had thirty minutes to fix everyone lunch.  That was done and then Stockton and I were out the door for diving.  He just had his two hour class because he did the first part of this Monday morning.  I had originally envisioned taking Bubs' kids with me.  I thought I would take them bowling while he was diving and then they could watch Stockton for the last bit.  With the van gone that was impossible.  I dropped off Stockton and the pool then drove to the softball field.  I decided to peak in on Jorja.  I was able to find her and talk to her a bit.  They were playing a game.  She sat by me one inning when it was her turn to sit out.  It was so nice to see her.  She isn't getting along with her roommate as much as I hoped.  In Jorja's dorm group there is an entire team that came together, so they all know each other really well.  There are only three other people that aren't on that team.  Jorja and Journee are too of them.  Journee has become great friends with them.  She didn't even sleep in the room with Jorja last night.  Dang it!  I had such high hopes for this week. Reluctantly I left Jorja and picked up Stockton.  I dropped Stockton off at home and noticed I had a message.  It was from the eyeglass store.  Mike and Maysen's glasses were in.  I picked them up on the way to get Mike. Then we drove to the car repair shop to pick up the van.  Hopefully the van will last us several more years because we ended up paying over $2,000 in repairs.  At least the power steering and the automatic door now work.  We haven't used the sliding door behind the drivers seat in over a year.  If we ever accidentally used it, we couldn't get it closed. Mike was strong enough to force it closed, but I had a really hard time. The shop said they didn't know what we were talking about and couldn't recreate the problem.  What a laugh!  It happens EVERY time! We asked them to fix this last time it was in the shop.  They claimed nothing was wrong.  They did figure it out before we picked up the car, thank goodness.  Mike and I finally got home around 6:00.  Maysen and Stockton took turns taking car of everybody.  I couldn't have made it through today without them!

Stockton had one last assignment to do on Drivers Ed.  His teacher had written earlier to make sure you have the grade you want because after this assignment is submitted the grade is final.  Stockton's grade was 95%, so he was good with that.  The last assignment was something like: What is your name?  What school do you go to?  And one more weird question like that.  On the way home from diving I asked Stockton if he had done the assignment.  He said he wanted to do it with me looking over his shoulder.  Haha!  He knows me so well.  I have been so paranoid that he would get an A- in this class.  It would be so frustrating if he managed to pull As through calculus and then lost his 4.0 on Drivers Ed!

No comments: