Wednesday, June 1, 2016

End of Quarter Torture

Maysen had graduation rehearsal today.  One more day of high school for her.  After rehearsal was yearbook signing.  I happened to look at Skyward to check on the kids grades.  The end of the quarter is always awful.  This quarter is no exception.  Let me back up.  We were getting messages from Stockton's French teacher that the last day to accept passports was Friday, May 20th.  Stockton had an A in French Friday morning.  On Saturday he had a B+.  I couldn't believe it.  I was just sick.  I didn't know what to have him do.  I wrote to his teacher to ask if he could turn in a passport on Monday since school ended up being cancelled on Friday.  I was so worried.  I decided to fast about it.  Yes, I know that this isn't a big deal, but it is to me.  Until his 4.0 is gone I am going to fight and claw with him to keep it.  Well, Sunday I said my ending of fast prayer.  I had my phone next to me and before I even stood up I checked my email.  That was weird, because I don't check my email from my phone that often.  I have no idea what I was thinking. Anyway, the first thing I saw was an email from his French teacher saying he scored a double I4 on the APPL test so he was getting an automatic A.  I couldn't believe it!  I was so happy!  Well, today I again randomly checked the kids grades.  When I clicked on Stockton I fully expected to see all As.  Wrong!  He had an A- in AP World History and a B+ in Robotics.  I wasn't worried about World History because I knew it would end as an A, but Robotics?  Really?  His last project he got 60/100 on.  This was done last week.  Stockton told me everything was working until it was time to present.  Then the motor broke.  He and his partner spent the rest of class frantically trying to fix it.  They came in during lunch and then stayed after school.  I couldn't believe this was what was going to ruin his 4.0.  He manages to pull As in calculus as a 10th grader, but this is the class that trips him up?  I was just sick to my stomach.  I prayed all day about this.  I asked for a miracle.  I know this is a stupid miracle.  I didn't care.  I was thinking, this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  It's not like I'm asking for my mom to stay alive.  This miracle isn't going to matter to anyone or drastically change any giant plan.  I didn't know how his grade would be saved, but until there were no options left I was going to hope for the best.  Oh man did it make my stomach hurt though!  I texted Stockton and let him know. I asked him if he could go talk to his teacher and see if there was anything he could do.  Stockton went and asked his robotics teacher if he would sign his yearbook.  He did.  Then the teacher asked Stockton if he was going to take his class next year.  He is.  He asked him how he liked the class this year.  Stockton said he liked it but was wondering if he could check his grade.  His teacher pulled it up and then told Stockton he would raise it to an A- if he came in and cleaned at 8:00 on Friday.  Stockton then asked him about a grade that was never put in. (Stockton submitted an assignment three times, but somehow it never got taken care of.)  The teacher put that grade in and it moved his grade up to an A-.  His teacher said now if he came in and cleaned on Friday he would give him an A.  Hallelujah!  I hate the end of the quarters!

In other news, Mike got a root canal today.  Have I mentioned I hate his teeth?  I sure hope this ends his problems.

No comments: