Friday, May 27, 2016

Overstock Lagoon Day

Today is Overstock Lagoon day!  One of our favorite days of the year. We decided to get season passports, so we did that first off.  Once that was taken care of we headed to Cannibal.  It broke down while we were in line, but we waited anyway.  If we were ever going to ride this thing it was going to be today!  We ended up riding it four times total.  Our first and last ride.  The weather was perfect.  We had been worried because all week it said it was going to rain today.  Nope.  Not a drop.  Today was similar to other Lagoon days.  We looked for the sad clown, rode tons of rides, played bingo, ate food, made ourselves sick.  We love that there are small lines for all the rides, the only problem is your body doesn't get time to recover between rides.  Especially now that Mike and I are older.  The kids don't seem to have a problem with it.  It is worth it though!
Sad Clown
Mike took Preston on The Dishwasher for the first time.  He loved it, but they sure got soaked!  Technically this ride is called Cliffhanger, but my brothers have always called it The Dishwasher.  Much better name.
 Preston & Mike
Stockton and Jorja were off on their own for awhile.  Maysen and Preston went on a lot of rides together.  They were so cute!  Preston is sure going to miss Maysen when she goes to college.  When ever he talks about it to me his eyes always tear up.  I keep telling him Maysen will come back often, but I agree with him.  I'm sad this part of my life is ending.  It has been wonderful.
Preston & Maysen
 Maysen & Preston
It looks like the rest of the pictures I took of today were behind my kids.  I just love seeing them together and I love that they get along so well.
Maysen, Stockton and Jorja were walking together.  Preston was walking with Mike and I.  I got my phone to take a picture and Preston decided to stop that.  Ha!  He makes me laugh.  When we were leaving for Lagoon Mike said, "Last chance to get anything!" as he was shutting the door.  Preston said, "I forgot my pillow and blankey."  (We are heading to Idaho for the weekend.)  I said, "I'm sure you'll be okay without them."  Preston sadly said, "Thanks for getting my hopes up."  I don't know how to explain it, but it made me laugh.  We let him go get his stuff.
Maysen, Jorja, Stockton, Preston
We are walking towards Samurai.  Another ride I used to be able to go on.  I don't think I could handle it now.  Maysen and Preston went on it for the first time.  Maysen said it was intense.  They both had big smiles when it was over.  I swear one of my cousins told me about Grandma Parry riding this when she was 88 years old.  I can't remember if that was the exact number, but it makes me smile every time I think about it.  I sure do miss her!  Mike's friend, Jeff, met us while we were here. He had done little kid rids with his children for most of the day.  He came back after he brought them home and rode some of the bigger rides with us.  Colossus, Wicked, Spider, Cannibal.....  Maysen and Preston went to ride Spider again.  Stockton and Jorja headed off to Wicked with Jeff.  Mike and I watched as Stockton, Jorja and Jeff had their arms around each others shoulders and skipped through the park. That was funny.

One of my favorite rides is the Rocket.  I love being blasted straight into the sky.  This year Preston was tall enough to ride it.  He rode both Blast Off and Re-Entry with me.  (One blasts you off and one takes you slowly to the top and drops you.)  He was cute.  He wanted me to hold his hand really tight.  He said it was terrifying, but fun.

Our last ride of the day was Cannibal.  We wanted to go when it was night time as well.  The girl worker pushed so hard on my seatbelt that my circulation was cut off the entire ride.  I did not enjoy that at all! We left the park a little before 10:00.  Stockton needs to get some night hours in, so he started the drive.  I slept in the back with Maysen.  We got to the cabin around two o'clock in the morning.  What a day!

No comments: