Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Maysen's Spoiled

I dropped off Maysen at seminary this morning.  She wasn't going to vet in the morning because she has the AP English Literature test today.  She felt she did really well on it.  Yay!  Nice to have one over with.  I took Mike to work this morning because I was going to need a car to pick up Jorja.  She had to stay after school to take a math test.  I watched Anne.  Matt forgot to leave her carseat, so my dad brought Maysen home from school.  Anne and I played with the Littlest Pet Shop, or 'Pet City' as Marie calls it.  When I didn't know what something was Anne would say, "Maysen will know".  As soon as Maysen got home Anne brought her downstairs so she could have all her questions answered.  Sam came and picked up Anne.  I was talking to her a bit when I noticed Jorja texted me and was waiting. I jumped in the car and brought her home.  Jorja wanted to go watch her old softball team play.  She was one of the oldest, so most of them are still playing together in the younger league.  I got Jorja a Bahama Bucks and then dropped her off at a new ballpark in Draper.  That place was NICE!  I drove in horrible traffic to pick up Mike then straight back for Jorja.  Sheesh!  We got back just in time for me to go to my scout meeting.  Our ward has been asked to do the flag ceremony etc. for Roundtable next week.  Preston was asked to give the scout law.  They want it memorized.  Preston wants to stick 'handsome' in the middle of the law.  They also want Preston to bring his belt loop holder he made and talk about how he made it and why he likes it.  This should be interesting.
Maysen had a very good day.  She feels great about her AP test, she got several hours in at the pet place and she received an email that she has a spot in a cooking dorm.  This is not just a normal cooking dorm, it is crazy!  She will have one roommate.  They will each have their own bedroom and their own bathroom.  Here is her floor plan.
Maysen thought she would be in the traditional non-cooking dorms. That is what she had a spot in.  She was on a waiting list for two other places.  They told her the waiting list was really long, so she shouldn't plan on it.  Then, surprise!  This is the one they said opened up.  She had to reply within 24 hours or they would move on to the next person on the list.  She is excited.  I hope she likes her roommate.  I think she will have an amazing experience.  Pretty sure she will like it more than high school.

No comments: