Thursday, May 12, 2016

Last AP Tests

Maysen and Stockton had their last AP test today.  Stockton's last AP test this year and Maysen's last AP test EVER!!!  Maysen's was AP Comparative Government and Politics.  Stockton's was AP World History.  Maysen thought this test was easier than the US Government test she took a few days ago.  Stockton said the test was easier then the practice tests he took.  They are both thrilled to have them over with! Maysen and I went out to Leatherby's after I picked her up from physics.  Stockton and his friends went to the mall until it was time for their English class.  It will be really nice not having these giant end of the year tests hanging over their heads anymore!

I took Stockton to diving.  Afterwords the diving team and their parents went to Brick Oven.  The diving team paid for it as a thank you for Regionals.  It was really nice.  Stockton sat at a table with his friends. He ordered a 12 inch pizza and breadsticks.  It was bigger than he expected.  He ate the entire pizza and one (gigantic) bread stick.  Then he went around the table giving everyone high fives.  Stockton drove down to diving, I told him I wanted to drive home.  I thought he would be feeling so sick I didn't want him to drive.

While I was at diving with Stockton Mike was busy holding down the fort.  Jorja had to stay after school for the WEB team she was chosen for.  She is pretty excited about that.  A group of students were chosen to help 6th graders next year.  Today I think they played games, voted on shirts and got to know the other WEB leaders.  Mike took Jorja to her softball practice.  No one was there.  Jorja usually is the first person to show up, so they waited and waited.  Mike kept texting me asking if I got the time right.  I had Maysen look up the email.  Yep, Jorja was right where she was supposed to be.  Another girl from the team was dropped off by her mom.  After the mom drove away she saw that she was texted that the place for practice had changed.  They were meeting at the coaches house.  I did not get that text.  Later Mike found out that they had my wrong number.  Jorja got there in time to do the slip and slide slide practice.
Preston was asked to give the Scout Law at Roundtable.  He had to have it memorized, so we have been practicing it for the last week.  He also was asked to bring his belt loop holder he made and to talk about how he made it and what he thought about it.  Ashley picked him up since Mike and I couldn't get him there.  Mike hurried over there when Jorja was done.  He was able to hear Preston do both of his assignments.  He said Preston did a great job.  Mike brought Preston and three of the other friends home.  He still had Jorja with him, who was wet from the slip and slide.  Wow.  What a day!

No comments: