Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Becky

I have been having a hard time for the last several weeks.  Friday marks the 20th year of my mom's death.  I feel it everywhere.  I don't know why.  I don't know if it is because I always care about dates.  I don't know if it is because it is the 20th.  I don't know if it is because it is the 20th on the 20th.  I don't know if it is because Maysen is graduating.  I don't know exactly what it is, but it has been really hard.  I was exercising this morning and was about three minutes into the workout when I decided I didn't care anymore.  I just turned it off and went back to bed.  I had slept in my clothes and was working out in my clothes from yesterday.  I knew I needed to take Stockton to diving today.  I decided just to go in my clothes I slept in, I didn't even care about changing.  I did manage to make cupcakes for Maysen, then I went straight back to bed.  (I rarely take naps and hardly ever stay in bed.)  Anyways, Becky called me today.  She asked if I wanted to go out to lunch.  She said she knew it was spur of the moment, but was wondering if I could meet her down at Corner Bakery.  It was just what I needed.  I texted Mike and asked if he called Becky.  He said he didn't, but he had prayed a lot.  It doesn't surprise me that Becky is the person that called and asked me to lunch.  She always knows when I need her. I am so thankful that she did.  I really needed that today.  It made the rest of the day better.  I'm still super sad and find my eyes filling with tears at every turn, but it made today bearable. It gave me the energy to work with Maysen on making the fancy cupcakes that I used to make for the beehives.  I worked with her on that until it was time to take Stockton to diving, then she finished up. They turned out really cute.  I think her class will like them.

No comments: