Friday, April 8, 2016

Utah State is the Winner

Maysen made a decision.  She has picked Utah State to go to college. She said the most important things to her was graduating quickly and without debt.  She would receive almost double AP credits from Utah State then she would from BYU.  BYU has gotten pretty stingy on those. She also received a Presidential Scholarship from Utah State, which pays four years tuition and fees.  That will be really nice.  We have always told the kids they are responsible to pay their own way for college.  Maysen took care of that.  We are going to help her out on housing and food this year.  Kind of want to have her get her feet under her and figure out college life before she adds a job on top of that. Actually that is what Mr. Thomas, one of Maysen's teachers, told me was the best advice he ever received.  I don't know if we will be able to do this for everyone, but because Maysen took care of the tuition it made it possible.  Thanks Maysen!
Maysen
 Accepting her scholarship
 Scholarship letter
Matt called me and asked if I would like to go to a Jazz game today.  Of course the answer was yes.  My dad had six tickets because of a basketball camp Max had attended.  I rode up with Matt, Sam, Anne and Jeff and took Trax back with my dad and Max.  The game was fun except the ending.  Jazz blew a good lead and ended up losing the game in overtime.
Anne, Max, Dad
I had a hard time falling asleep tonight.  I was so wide awake when I got home.  Mike was exhausted after being on call all week.  Especially because he was up a lot last night fixing something.  It was close to midnight before I fell asleep.  A lot of days I'm out by 9:30.

No comments: