Saturday, April 16, 2016

Sons of Utah Pioneers

Maysen received a $750 scholarship from the Sons of Utah Pioneers. She wrote an essay and applied at the beginning of the school year. She was interviewed by John H. Morgan, Jr.  He is almost 93 years old and interviewed everyone.  Wow.  They gave about 275 scholarships. In order to receive the scholarship, Maysen had to attend an all day thing. They had keynote speakers and then two breakout classes in the morning, and then a program in the evening.  Maysen signed me up to attend with her in the morning, then both Mike and I for the evening.  I was not looking forward to this at all.  I was so wrong.  I absolutely loved everything about it.  It was well run.  The speakers were great. They fed us breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The breakout classes we attended were fantastic.  You could really feel the love this group has for the youth and how much they want them to succeed. I loved the things that were taught.  Always keep learning.  Never graduate.  Die learning.  Keep growing.  Notice opportunities.  Meet people.  Most opportunities will come out of problems.  Interpersonal skills have plummeted since email and text.  Interpersonal communication is the vegetables of life.  Eat your vegetables!  You need these skills.  Look and ask.  Look and ask.  Look and ask.  Instinct is great for survival. Intuition is great for success.  The most important key of leadership is making people right.  Anyways, it was just an awesome day.  There was a girl there named Jorjee.  I had not seen that name before.  Jorja says there is a girl at her school named Jorjiana.

Today was super crazy with me being gone most of the day.  Mike was gone all morning as well.  He was at the county delegate meeting.  He seemed to find it really interesting and said Matt was pretty mad about how his group ran things.  I followed Mike home from a few streets away.  I don't think he noticed me until our driveway.

Stockton had a practice AP World History test.  Mike dropped him off on the way to his delegate meeting and my dad picked him up.  He was going to need to wait for awhile because my dad was planning on taking Max to see Patrice, but Patrice ended up canceling.

Jorja had a softball clinic to go to.  Luckily her coach was willing to come and pick up Jorja.  We had absolutely no other way to get her there.  Jorja had some friends come over in the few hours we were home.  We dropped them off at Katlyn's house on the way to the scholarship dinner and picked up Jorja on the way home.  Such a long, busy, productive day.

No comments: