Saturday, April 30, 2016

Regionals

I woke up Stockton a little before 5:00 this morning.  Last night I noticed a text that said he had a mandatory warm-up at 6am.  We were hoping to skip the warmup.  They are important when you have never dived on the boards, but Stockton has.  I woke up Stockton last night and told him about it.  Stockton told me he woke up a little before I got him and wondered if it was a dream.  He hoped it was a dream.  Then he went back to sleep only to find out he really had to be there. Warmups went well, so it turned out fine.  There were not that many people there.  I helped cut bagels and fruit for the coaches.  I was downstairs.  It is pretty cool because they have these windows that you can see the divers entering the pool.  I wish I knew when Stockton was about to go so I could watch, but you have no idea who it is until they are under water.  It was fun though.
Stockton
This was the only picture I got from today.  Stockton had his 1-meter event.  He wasn't too happy with his performance, but he didn't get last.  That is great with the divers he was up against!  He is so glad it is over.  So am I.  

Mike and I were scheduled to do the paper scoring.  When we got there they told us only one of us could do it.  I think they had someone say they signed up to volunteer, so even though the positions were filled they booted one of us.  They said it would be better because we had a diver in the competition.  We laughed.  We did not want Stockton to make it to Area.  We have a family trip planned and that would through a giant wrench into our summer!  It was good that Mike didn't have to score.  His teeth started acting up.  He was in so much pain.  I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate his teeth.  It is sad to see him hurting so bad, and I am worried about the future.  He lives on advil.  I hope he isn't doing long term damage.

Stockton wanted to go to Pizza Pie Cafe after the competition.  It was pretty crowded.  There were a lot of people dressed up for their prom there.  Christopher and Lizzie were both going to prom tonight.  I think Stockton was just glad to be home!

No comments: