Friday, April 29, 2016

Olives

Preston had his school 'fun run' today.  I took Jorja out to breakfast. She has late start on Friday, so we finally took advantage of it.  She had chocolate chip pancakes.  I ordered a chicken mushroom crepe.  I forgot to ask for no olives.  Olives are not my favorite.  I realized after the waiter left.  No big deal, I would just pick them off.  WRONG!  I have never seen so many olives at one time in my life!  My entire crepe was covered in them.  Not only were they on top, but they were inside as well.  I ate a lot of them, but picked out a lot.  The rest of the crepe was delicious.  When I was finished 1/2 of my plate was covered in olives.  I would have taken a picture, but I forgot my phone.  The waiter said, "You don't like olives?"  I answered, "A few are fine, but I don't want an entire can!"  It was still really good and I was not hungry the rest of the day.

Stockton had his three meter competition today.  He is in the 16-18 year old category now.  Some of those boys are big!  A lot of them have college scholarships to dive.  There were divers from California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii.  Probably more, those are just the states I remember.  Stockton survived and didn't come in last.  It was a long meet.  They had eleven dives.  We started at 4:00 and ended around 7:00.  We were both very ready to come home.

Mike got back from Texas today!  Yay!  His flight came in around 4:00. My dad picked him up at the airport.  He brought Preston with him. We are all so glad to have Mike home!

No comments: