Sunday, April 24, 2016

Meeting Eve

Rachel texted me early this morning and said she was in Utah and would love to stop by if it worked out.  Rachel and her parents were down here looking for Nigel.  He is missing.  They are so worried about him.  They think Nigel is in Utah right now.  Nigel has schizophrenia. He hasn't been taking his medication since October.  Rachel thinks right now he doesn't even know his name.  She said he is probably walking around barefoot talking to himself.  If he saw his own missing poster he probably wouldn't even realize it was him.  So sad.  If anyone sees him, please call 911 so they can bring him home.  I hope he is found soon.  We pray for him every night.  We pray that he is warm and safe until he is found.  What a nightmare for Rachel's family.
Nigel's poster
Anyways, on the plus side, we got to see Rachel for about an hour. Rachel came to our house at 2:00.  I texted my family to let them know she would be here.  We all got to see her for a bit.  Rachel stopped by Bubs and Ange's house after she left ours.  Rachel's brother lives near them, so it worked out well.
Rachel meeting Jeff.  Matt is there too.
 Stephanie Ann & Eve Parley Ann
 Stephanie & Eve
 Jorja
 Eve & Matt
 Anne, Sam, Eve, Matt
 Stockton, Anne, Rachel & Jeff, Maysen
 Anne, Rachel & Jeff, Maysen, Eve & Matt
I like this picture.  I texted it to Brett with the caption "Rachel doesn't know I gave Eve an oreo."  Haha!  That is what aunts are for!
Eve & Rachel
 Rachel, Stephanie & Eve
Back row: Cathy, Dad
Anne, Matt, Stephanie & Eve, Preston, Sam & Jeff
Maysen, Jorja, Stockton, Max
Mike missed all of the festivities.  I took him to the airport this morning.  He is in Texas now.  He is giving two presentations at the Openstack conference.  This is the same conference I tagged along with him to Paris.  There was no way I would be able to leave right now, so he went without me.  Which is good.  He went with Jeff.  Not the one Sam is holding, but one who works with him.  It will be a long week without him though.

Right as Matt and Sam were pulling away I saw Anne's blanket.  That is not a good thing.  I was too slow to catch them.  I called my dad and invited myself to dinner so I could return the blanket.  Jorja and Preston came with me.  I asked all the kids if they wanted to go.  They asked what we were having.  I said, "Probably some kind of meat." Maysen and Stockton decided to stay home.  I texted the picture of scones my dad had made.  Whoops!  They lost!  I did bring home one scone for each of them.

No comments: