Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J.J.

Jorja had her first softball game of the season.  She was a little nervous because she just started playing last spring.  Now that she is 13 she is in the older age division.  A few months ago she kept saying, "I wish my birthday was in January!"  Not many girls signed up to play.  They only have enough for three teams.  They decided to only have the games on Tuesday, which is a little disappointing because that is Jorja's Young Women's night.  Oh well, it won't last forever.  One team will always have a double header.  Jorja's was the first team to do that.  Jorja is on the purple team.  They are the Stingers.  Like Jellyfish stingers.  They played the green team first.  That team was good. Most of the players seemed double the size of Jorja's team.  The second team was the grey team, they were about the same experience level as Jorja's.  The main problem with Jorja's team was no one wanted to be a pitcher.  You kind of need one of those in softball.  It was also team pictures today.  What a long day!
Jorja
Here are three random plays.  Jorja was able to play catcher the entire game for both games.  I'm pretty sure her legs are going to be sore tomorrow!  Also Jorja told her coaches to call her J.J.  It's kind of weird to hear people cheering for J.J.  Whatever.  It's a good nickname, just weird.  I'm sure we'll get used to it.
The coach has this cool little board so the girls know where to go.  J.J. looks weird written out.  I can't bring myself to write it without the periods, because it looks even weirder that way.
Jorja was pretty happy to have an entire day of softball.  I wish she had started earlier.  Who knew she would love it so much?

Mallory called me while I was at the ball field.  She is pretty disappointed that Cassie is having a boy.  She told me she was afraid he wouldn't like her.  I told her I was pretty disappointed when I found out her dad was a boy too.  I'm sure she will love him as soon as she sees him.  The unknown is always a bit scary.

No comments: