Saturday, April 2, 2016

Conference Stockings

I love conference!  It is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love that my kids enjoy it as well.  At least I think they do, they never complain about watching it . . . and we watch every session.  Jorja had her first softball practice in between the sessions.  She also got her jersey.  I should have taken a picture of that!  Oh well, I'm sure I'll end up taking plenty.  She is on the purple team this year.  Her coach sent an email a few days ago and asked for suggestions for a team name.  Maysen and I tried to convince Jorja that Jellyfish would be an awesome name.  Jorja didn't like it, but finally let me send it anyways.  Her team liked that idea and her coach asked the girls to go home and research different jellyfish to see if there was a cool name they could get out of that.  I love that!  That is so my kids.  Playing softball and ending up researching jellyfish.

Maysen didn't throw up today.  Yay!  She also didn't have as hard of a time swallowing her medicine. Double yay!  The poor girl looks like a chipmunk with her swollen cheeks.  Mike asked her if she still had the gause in her mouth.  Nope.  The cheeks were just that swollen.

I didn't take a picture of Jorja's softball, Maysen's cheeks or Stockton's new haircut.  I did manage to take a picture of my stockings though.  I finished Jeff's stocking during the afternoon session.  I love it!  I think it turned out great.
I started working on Cassie's and got her name on it during the priesthood session.  I'm not too happy with the name.  I like to trace the name with a light board and then stitch it.  It was super hard to see the pattern through the dark brown, then I could barely see my pencil marks.  Hopefully it will look okay once I get other stitching on with it. The name is almost always the part that stresses me out the most, but I usually love it once it's done.

No comments: