Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Bruges with Cousins

I had lunch with my cousins at Bruges today.  I am loving this tradition. It is so nice to see them at least once a month!  I texted Jordyn and Heather Nigel's flyer because they are in Salt Lake everyday.  That way, if they saw him they could quickly look at their phone to confirm. Bruges is across the street from Liberty Park where a lot of homeless people are.  I looked and looked to try to see if I could see Nigel there. Long shot, I know.  Heather told me that she showed Nigel's flyer/text to several people at her work so they could keep a lookout as well.

I took Stockton to diving today.  I usually sit in the car for a few minutes while I wait for it to turn 4:00.  That way I won't get a parking ticket.  I called Rachel while I was waiting.  I had talked to Sharon this morning about a Parry family reunion.  I wanted to give Rachel details of what the current plan was.  I then asked if there was any update on Nigel.  Rachel told me that a body had been found this morning.  She really believes it is him.  She was broken up and sobbed, "I can't believe I'm saying this out loud.  I can't believe this is real life."  Oh man.  I feel so sorry for Rachel's family right now.  Rachel said that at least he doesn't hurt anymore.  He always wanted to serve a mission, get married and have a family.  All things that were impossible in this life. This life was so cruel to him and people were not very nice.  The body hasn't been positively identified, but Rachel said in her heart she knows it is him.

No comments: