Saturday, March 26, 2016

Larkin's Baptism

Larkin was baptized today!  Mike came over early to fill the font.  If we would have thought about it in advance, he could have left the keys with us and not worried about it at all.  I came and relieved him.  I brought Jeff's stocking to work on while I waited.  That font takes awhile to fill!  We made sure it was nice and warm for Larkin.  They had two other baptisms later in the day, so we didn't have to drain it.

The baptism was great.  I was able to lead the music.  My dad gave a talk on baptism and Christen's sister gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.  My dad poured water from the place where Jesus was baptized into the font.  He made a big deal about how Jesus was baptized in yucky water at the lowest point on earth.  I was worried he was doing too good of a job describing that and Larkin wouldn't want to get in the water!  She was brave though.

Larkin was baptized in the same dress Skye was.  Christen was also baptized in this dress.  Christen was the first one baptized in this dress. All of her little sisters and their daughters were baptized in this as well. Christen's mom made this dress.  I wish I had that kind of talent!  It's beautiful and Larkin looked so sweet and pretty in it.
Mike & Larkin
 Mike, Larkin & Christen
 Larkin & Mike
 Stephanie & Mike
 Stephanie & Larkin
I didn't take a picture with my phone of the tables Christen set up.  She, of course, had everything looking spectacular.  She set out muffins, fruit and water along with pictures of Larkin and books for people to sign.  She also had allergy free muffins she made for Larkin and Blake. She wanted them to be able to pick something up off of the table.  I asked her what she did for the sacrament.  They have a special bag for them.  There are some other people with allergies in the ward as well. Once when Blake took his wafer she didn't think it looked right.  Blake took a bite and immediately threw up.  They had gotten Blake's allergy bag mixed up with another.  That poor kid!  Christen said Larkin sits at the allergy table at school.  They have it up high.  She used to be able to pick a friend to eat with her, but now one of her best friends has allergies too.  Blake will be sitting up there next year.  That is one trial I am grateful not to be blessed with!

We went to Skye's soccer game this afternoon.  It was windy!  Skye's team won.  I sat and watched it next to Mike.  My Mike and Jorja played catch.  Preston had my phone and took random pictures and videos.  Larkin and some of her other cousins played in the motorhome during the game.  Stockton was in there too, so I wasn't worried.  They sure love that!  I'm glad!
You can kind of see Mike (in brown) & kind of see Stephanie (in black)
Mike bought pizza for everyone at a nearby restaurant.  We filled our bellies before it was time to head back home.  I would have stayed later, but I'm anxious to get back to Maysen.  I don't want her to spend her entire Easter alone!
Mike, Preston, Stephanie, Jorja, Stockton
 Mike, Preston & Stephanie
Sure miss that brother of mine!  I wish he lived closer, but I'm glad he has found a place he loves.

No comments: