Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hero

I watched Anne today.  It was pretty easy because Maysen didn't need to be at school until the afternoon.  She didn't have her vet class again. I remember Sam a little while ago saying she needed to get Anne's haircut.  I decided I would surprise her after I dropped Maysen off at school.  I set up the appointment, dropped Maysen off and drove over there.  We were about ready to get out of the car when I really looked at Anne.  Her bangs didn't seem to be in her eyes.  I texted Sam and asked if she had given Anne a haircut.  She had.  Whoops.  I am not at all observant!  I called and cancelled the appointment and then drove to Kneaders to pick up a salad for lunch.  For some reason I was craving a chicken salad.  Too bad that when I ordered it I accidentally ordered a salad with no chicken.  I had asked for no cheese or croutons, so all the salad ended up having was leaves, a few strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and some red onions.  I was disappointed.  Anne saw my salad when we got home and said, "Mmmmm.  Strawberries."  We ate the salad together.  I'm glad I asked for no cheese.  She took a bit of the onion and said, "Crunchy!"  I don't think she liked the onion too much, but she didn't hate it because she took another bite later.

Here is a funny story about Anne that I forgot to write.  About a month ago, Jorja was playing with Anne downstairs.  Sometimes Anne talks about a pretend lion.  Jorja had set up tents and was joking about the lion.  Jorja had her hand in the tent and started screaming that the lion was eating her.  Anne did not like that at all!  Anne started screaming, "Don't eat Jorja!"  Jorja thought she was hilarious terrorizing that poor child.  Anyway, on Sunday Anne was telling me about the lion trying to eat Jorja.  I mentioned how Anne had saved Jorja and that Anne was a hero, like Hercules.  Anne loves watching Hercules.  She calls it, "The Bad Guy Movie".  Right before Matt and Sam were leaving, Jorja was holding Anne.  Anne told Matt in the cutest voice, "I'm a hero!"  It was adorable!

No comments: