Monday, March 14, 2016

Eat My Feelings

I ate my feelings a lot today.  This morning I was looking at Instagram and saw this post from my friend.
I had no idea it was New Beginnings.  I was so sad.  Plus, most of these girls dressed up were my beehives.  Now they are all Laurels.  I wish I could have seen this.  I feel like I miss everything with Jorja.  Now, even the things I'm allowed to go to I miss.  I wish this had been announced in church.  Instead, I spent the evening filling out March Madness brackets.  That certainly could have waited.  I guess they gave girls invitations wrapped up like a scroll.  I asked Jorja if she got one. She said, "Oh!  I thought it was a quote or a church talk and I never got around to opening it."  I feel lost in scouts.  I am just really sad I missed this.

When Mike woke up I was eating a cupcake.  I said, "Don't mind me, I'm just eating my feelings."   We talked about plans for the day.  I was meeting my cousins at the Cheesecake Factory.  I have been looking forward to this, and it was a perfect day to be able to see them.  Maysen has been driving to vet in the morning.  She comes home around 10:30 and then I take her to school.  She decided to leave her books/homework for her afternoon class so she wouldn't need to take everything.  I told her just to remember them because I was going to lunch with my cousins.  We left early so I could make it to lunch in plenty of time.  As I was driving to the freeway I was thinking about our last lunch.  I had accidentally scheduled a visiting teaching appointment right before and I arrived about five minutes late.  I was thinking about how happy I was that I would be early!  I hate being late.  It gives me so much anxiety.  I especially hate being late to anything with Heather.  She is always on time, which I love.  Anyways, I was almost to the freeway and feeling pretty happy about everything when I get a call from Maysen.  She said, "I'm an idiot."  You guessed it. She left all her books and homework at home.  I had to turn around, drive all the way back home, drive to school, give the things to Maysen and then drive to Salt Lake.  When she opened the door I said, "You owe me.  I love you."  I was so disappointed.  I was upset.  I had been looking forward to this for a long time and it just fell apart.  Heather and Jordyn only have their lunch break to visit.  I got on the freeway four minutes before I was supposed to be there.  I ended up being twenty minutes late.  So frustrating and disappointing.  It was fun to see my cousins.  I love them!  Heather, Jordyn and Larkin were there.  I wish I would have said, "Play rock paper scissors, order me whatever the winner orders."  That would have been funny, and everything at the Cheesecake Factory is delicious.

I stopped by Village Inn on the way home.  I picked up a mint brownie pie for pi day.  That pie was so good!  For those keeping score, I had a cupcake for breakfast, cheesecake for lunch and pie for dinner.  It was quite a delicious day.

No comments: