Friday, March 25, 2016

Building Mike's House

Okay, that was really weird.  I wrote a few paragraphs and all of a sudden the computer erased everything I wrote.  I just watched the cursor erasing it one letter at a time and I couldn't do anything to stop it.  Weird.  Anyways, last night was really cold.  Our furnace isn't working.  Mike didn't want to run the generator because we were kind of close to other cars in the rest area.  That is okay, we were prepared for it, but it was still cold!  We arrived at Mike's house in the afternoon. Skye was watching us through the window.  Blake was really happy to see us!  He loved playing with Stockton!  So fun to be with these guys. Mike took us over to see his new house.  I have been looking forward to this!  I can't wait to come back and invade!  I joked with Mike that he should set up an RV pad with water/sewer/electricity; what a nice campground that would be!
Front of Mike's house
Jorja, Preston, Mike & Mike
 View from Blake & Parker's room (I think)
 View from Larkin's room
 Looking down to the living area
 Preston on the roof outside of Skye's room
 Backyard
Okay, I might have gotten all of the rooms mixed up.  It is kind of hard to tell what I'm looking at from the pictures.  This house will be great for them.  I'm really excited to see it finished!  After touring the house we had dinner at Chick-Fil-A.  Skye, Blake and Larkin rode with us. Blake loved going to the bathroom anytime we were moving.  He thought that was cool!  He called the motorhome a 'limousine'.  Larkin called it a 'homemobile'.  I like that!  Christen's family was at Chick-Fil-A.  We ate and then went to set up for the baptism.  We were hoping to let the kids run around the gym, but there was another family having a family reunion.  We decided to sleep in the church parking lot. Christen and I were the last ones out.  She drove me to the motorhome, just across the parking lot.  We ended up talking for about an hour in the car.  I felt bad because I know she has a ton to do before the baptism, but we never see each other.  It was so great to catch up!

Apparently my kids had my phone while we were setting up.  There were 100 pictures on there.  Most of them extremely blurry pictures. Here are a few of the not blurry ones.
Jorja
 Stockton & Jorja
 Jorja
 Preston
 Jorja
 Preston & Stockton
Stockton was pretty sick yesterday.  Just exhausted.  He came home and slept until it was time to leave and then he slept the rest of the way. He felt a little better today, but was not back to 100%.  Poor guy.  He always gets sick when there is a day off.  Almost like his body has worked so hard and just crashes.  At least he made it to the end of the quarter.  Three down, one to go.

No comments: