Sunday, February 21, 2016

Year of the Monkey

Stockton blessed the sacrament for the first time today.  It was so cool. Well, for me it was.  I'm sure it was exactly the same for everyone else. Stockton blessed the bread and Mike blessed the water.  In this ward they have a cool tradition.  The first time you bless the sacrament they have the boy's dad bless it with him.  I love that!  Maysen also went visiting teaching for the first time.  Becky, the old Young Women's president, is her companion.  I was pretty happy about that because Becky is awesome.

Matt and his family came over after church to play Risk.  The first game was awesome.  I was able to go first and won the game on my first real turn.  Everyone gets one turn to set up, then I won it on the next turn.  I think I was the only one who enjoyed that game.  The second game took a lot longer.  I kept getting all my guys wiped out because I was next to the nuclear fallout area.  We destroyed the cards that kept killing me, so I guess I just took one for the team.  No one else will be targeted like that.  Even so, I think I could have won if I had two more turns.  Maysen ended up winning this game.

Tonight we went to Lisa and Nathan's house for their Chinese party. They had yummy, yummy food. Lisa's niece also was accepted to BYU. She goes to the same high school as Maysen, but they didn't know each other.
Preston and Maysen
They had a contest on who could write Monkey in Chinese.  Nathan does have an example hanging up, but he is very particular.  All three of my kids made it to the finals.  Maysen didn't want to enter this year. Preston added another character because he said that is how you really write monkey.
Preston being photobombed with a kid with a lightsaber
 Just Preston
 Stockton wearing the Alaska shirt for the first time, despite my constant hinting
Jorja ended up winning the grand prize.  This is the second year in a row she won it.  Last year Nathan picked the top five.  Four of them were my kids.  Then he did a random drawing and Jorja won a Panda Express gift card.  We still need to take her.  This year the finalists won two 1,000 grand bars.  Jorja won the grand prize which was a package of double stuffed Oreos.
Jorja
 Stockton, Jorja, Preston

No comments: