Friday, February 19, 2016

Wandering

I finished my review of the manuscript Covenant sent me.   It was due today.  I sent it off this morning.  I'm glad I did because my day went by so fast!  I went to volunteer in Preston's class, went straight to pick up Maysen from school, and called University of Utah about scholarships for Maysen.    We found out that she will be given a $2,500/semester scholarship.  We were a bit disappointed.  We were hoping for full tuition.  That is what she would get at Utah State.  BYU she gets half tuition for two semesters.  It looks like it would be cheaper to go to BYU over U of U right now.  (BYU's scholarship can be renewed if Maysen does well.)  Lots of decisions!

Maysen and I looked at that stuff for about thirty minutes before I was about to head out the door to get Jorja's contacts.  I ordered them a few days ago.  Jorja had to go to school today with only one contact in. Right as I was leaving I got a phone call from an elementary school. Lincoln and Ella were waiting in the office to be picked up.  I am on their emergency contact list.  I was able to get ahold of Bubs, who was teaching so obviously he couldn't leave.  He told me he would call back. He called back a few minutes later and asked if I could go pick up his kids.  He thought Ange fell asleep with her headphones in.  I hurried down to the school and got there 25 minutes later.  I arrived right after Ange did.  She hadn't fallen asleep, just forgot it was short day.  She even set an alarm, but her phone was on silent and the alarm didn't go off.  Her phone being on silent was also the reason she didn't hear our phone calls.  I am glad that is the reason Ange was late and not that she was in some kind of terrible accident!

As soon as I got home I loaded up Maysen and Stockton and took them down to BYU.  Stockton had diving today.  Well, the Monday class was moved to Friday because of the holiday.  I asked Laurel if Stockton could come this day and only one day next week.  Parent teacher conference is next week and they are the same days as diving.  While Stockton was at the pool, Maysen and I wandered around campus.  We had already taken a tour, but it was on a golf cart and we only went inside the library.  We found an office of some sort and were asking the girls there questions.  They were very helpful.  We made our way to Heritage Halls.  Maysen had kind of seen Helaman Halls.  Once when we picked up Jorja from softball camp and once when we were visiting Erica.  Maysen was worried about the housing at BYU because it seemed tight and claustrophobic.  Heritage Halls was a completely different ball game.  That is where Mike lived when he went to school, except they tore down all the buildings and rebuilt them.  We stopped a girl who was going in one of the buildings and asked her about it.  She said she loves living there and would highly recommend it.  Maysen and I were walking down the halls and noticed a door that looked like an office.  I stuck my head in and the lady said we could look around. Their office was in one of the dorms, so you could get a sense of what they looked like.  Hopefully if Maysen gets accepted to BYU and decides to go to BYU she could get a spot in that dorm.  On the way back to the pool we walked through the psychology building.  It was pretty much just a hallway since we were there on a Friday night. Stockton seemed to have a good time while we were gone.  We stopped for milkshakes at Sonic and headed home.  After finishing watching the entire series of Gravity Falls we called it a night.  We watched two episodes and then the grand finale.  What a day!

No comments: