Monday, February 15, 2016

Spare Tire

Mike was in Wyoming for several hours this morning looking for a replacement tire.  When our tire exploded yesterday it also destroyed the rim.  Mike said the tire store employee was really nice, but they couldn't find anything.  They called all around as well, but no luck unless we wanted to wait two days.  We did not.

Nathan and Bobby left this morning.  Zac and Heather left right as Mike was coming back from the tire store.  It was fun to talk to Heather this morning.  Hopefully we can do another cabin trip like this and hopefully Heather and Aubrey don't have volleyball when we plan it.  It was funny, both Heather and Nathan thought President's Day was next weekend.  Both of them probably would have said no if they realized. I'm glad this worked out!  It was a lot of fun.  Nathan has to ride home on a makeshift donut though because he hurt his tailbone sledding.  We are all getting old.

Heather and I were talking about different memories at the cabin.  She said, "I remember being here when Chuck died.  I remember where I was standing when the phone call came in.  I remember Grandpa crying after he answered the phone."  I told her that was the first time Mike came to the cabin with me.  We talked about that for awhile.  I said, "That was February 15th."  We looked at each other and were surprised to realize that was today.  24 years ago.  Wow.

We weren't able to leave until a little before 4:00.  Stockton drove the van with the spare tire with Mike, Maysen and Jorja.  I drove the jeep with Preston.  We drove that way until Evanston where we stopped for dinner.  I was looking forward to ordering oatmeal at McDonalds.  It was delicious.  I had been eating candy nonstop.  It helps me stay awake.  The oatmeal felt so good on my tongue.

I drove the van the rest of the way home and Mike drove the jeep.  Mike told me to not go over 55 miles.  We made it home a few minutes before 10:00.  We were all exhausted when we got home, but I'm glad we got back safely.  Tomorrow is going to be hectic.  Man, I miss cabin life already!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you made it home okay! I was thinking about you all night!

Stephanie said...

I almost texted you, but I didn't want to wake you up! I know you go to bed even earlier than I do! :)