Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Math Tests

Stockton took math tests today.  A lot of them.  I dropped him off at school early in the morning so he could take the state math test.  It's always fun to hear the weird questions that are on that test.  I wish I could remember them.  Maybe Stockton will comment with one of the questions.  After that test, Stockton went straight to his calculus test. His brain must be exhausted!

My dad went with me to drop off the lunches at the Road Home.  When we were there a lady asked if we could take her and her family to trax so she could get her baby to the doctor.  Her baby sounded horrible. We agreed, but I was pretty nervous because they didn't have a car seat for their baby.  We took the mom, grandma, baby and two other kids.  I wasn't sure where the trax station was, so I asked if they could guide me.  They asked if we could take them to the Road Home in Salt Lake instead.  So, that's what we did.  I was white knuckling it the entire way. All I could think about was how much trouble I would be in if we got in an accident.  The baby was just on the mom's lap.  Keep in mind that I make my kids stay in booster seats until they are out of elementary school and I don't leave the driveway unless they are buckled up.  I thought if something went wrong these guys in the car could take me to court and take everything from us.  I was praying the entire way there. Luckily no accidents occurred.  My dad had me stop at Maverick so he could go get some cash which he gave to the family before they left.

Once they were dropped off my dad asked if I wanted to see where I was brought home from the hospital.  We lived in a trailer park.  My dad found the place our trailer was parked.  He also found the tree with the post sticking out of it.  He talked about this in his blog awhile back. When they first moved there the trailer park was brand new.  They planted trees and tied posts to them so the wind wouldn't blow them away.  No one removed the post by this tree and you can still see it sticking out.  This is similar to what President Monson was talking about in his Hidden Wedges talk, except this post isn't so hidden.
Dad
I went and watched Bubs ref a basketball game tonight.  That was fun. I don't have any pictures because I used Bubs' phone to take them.  He sure is good at that.  I would love to see him ref in college!  Wouldn't he be awesome?

No comments: