Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Lunch Fun

Yesterday I made a visiting teaching appointment with Jacqui.  I just was at diving when I did it.  Too bad I made it for almost the same time I was planning on having lunch with my cousins!  No way was I missing that!  I was able to drop by for ten minutes and give my lesson, then I rushed out the door.  We were planning on going on a walk.  Jacqui and Katie were still able to do that.  Whoops.  Kind of embarrassing.  I am so glad I didn't miss lunch though!  I love being around my cousins! I'm glad Larkin was able to make it this time.  It is much harder for her to come then the rest of us.  Heather and Jordyn work in downtown Salt Lake, so we meet during their lunch break.  Larkin lives in Provo. She also got her mother-in-law to watch Rennie during lunch.  I wanted a picture because I knew Tammi would love it.  We were laughing so hard while trying to take them.  I kept messing all of them up.  Later I asked a stranger at another table to take one for us.
Larkin, Jordyn, Heather, Stephanie
I can't wait until next month!  I hope we can keep this tradition going for a long time!

Tonight was parent/teacher conferences at the high school.  I was able to get all of the teachers for both Maysen and Stockton tonight.  I blew off the Chinese meeting I was supposed to go to.  Hopefully I didn't miss anything important.  It is nice to be done though.  They are both doing really well.  I am still nervous about Stockton's calculus class.  I wish I would have put him in precalc this year.  That would have helped him a ton.  His teacher said the problem is that the way the state has chosen to teach math has left major holes in the kids math knowledge. When they get to calculus, there are things they just don't know. Because Stockton is so far ahead, I think he would have really benefited from precalc, then we wouldn't have to go to a college to take math his senior year.  It's too late for that now.  Stockton has managed to pull As, but it is pretty tight.  He has an A right now because he did great on his last test.  I hope he gets a few more tests like that to put him over the edge.  I would hate for him to lose his 4.0 because he is doing super hard math this young.  He sure works hard and I am so proud of him. He is quite amazing.

No comments: