Thursday, February 18, 2016

Jorja's Viewing

Mike, Jorja and I went to Jorja Peterson's viewing tonight.  Jorja died of EHE.  Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma, which is a rare vascular cancer.  So sad.  Mike met Jorja in college, but she is younger than both of us.  Jorja married Mike's roommate.  We waited in line for a long time.  Just over an hour.  There were so many people there.  When Ty saw Mike he said, "Mike Smith!  What do you know about Jorja Hales?"  Mike laughed.  Ty told us that when their dorm room met Jorja, they kept asking people if they knew her.  There were six boys living together before their missions.  Ty was Mike's room/roommate. When the home teachers came over, Mike jokingly said, "What do you know about Jorja Hales?"  One of the home teachers had actually gone to high school with her, so it cracked everyone up when he knew her.  I think she was from Idaho, but I'm not positive about that.   Mike introduced Jorja to Ty.  He loved her name.  He asked Jorja if he could give her a hug.  Jorja was really great to go with us without complaining.  I was happy to introduce her to Jorja's mom as well. Such a sad situation.  I hate cancer.

Mike and I took Jorja to Olive Garden afterwards.  We stuffed ourselves silly.  It was nice to have time alone with Jorja, but I didn't like the reason for it.

No comments: