Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hurry!

I picked up Maysen after physics.  She said Ochoa asked her to come back at 2:00 to pick up her recommendation.  There is no school tomorrow and the packet with her scholarship stuff needs to be postmarked by the 26th at 3:00.  I asked Maysen if I could take her to lunch while we wait.  We went to Sconecutters.  Maysen was able to get her last recommendation and we headed to the mail store.  While we were talking to the employee, I took one last look at the scholarship rules.  That is when I noticed it didn't need to be postmarked by the 26th at 3:00, it needed to be received by Aaron Reynolds  by the 26th at 3:00.  Yikes!  I said, "It looks like we are going to need to overnight this."  The lady said, "It would be cheeper for you to drive this up to Salt Lake.  If we overnight this it will cost you between $35-$40.  We have to send everything that is overnighted to Kentucky and then out. If there is bad weather, it won't get there in time and you are out your money."  We didn't like the sound of that.  Maysen and I headed straight to Salt Lake.  I love the new doorknobs Mike put on our house at Christmas time.  I didn't need to worry about the kids, they were able to get inside our house just fine with their own codes.  Anyways, I took Maysen up to Salt Lake.  We weren't sure where to go, so we headed to the Honors College building.  There is a big basketball game tonight, so the parking was already blocked off.  I dropped Maysen off so she could go look for someone who could help.  When Maysen came back she said she was able to give it directly to Aaron.  He opened her envelope and looked through her things and told her she had everything.  He said that someone dropped off their application today and didn't know they were supposed to have an essay.  Wow.  Maysen has been working on that for a long time!  Aaron talked to her a bit, which was pretty cool. Maysen said if she knew she would have been talking to him she would have dressed up more.  She was in her scrubs from vet class.  Hopefully that will make her more memorable, in a good way.  Aaron said they would be calling people in for interviews in the middle of March.  I know it is a small chance that Maysen would get this scholarship, but it would be amazing!  I'm glad she is trying for it, because she is amazing as well.

No comments: